Hungry for ableton
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hungry for ableton

I was wondering if anyone knows of some good ableton blogs. I am currently trying to wrap my head around ableton but there is a lot to learn. When I was learning the in and outs of traktor pro, I found DJTT which really helped. I'm hoping there is similar web site for ableton. Thanks in advance guys!

amidoinitrite

Quote Originally Posted by skipp2miloo View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows of some good ableton blogs. I am currently trying to wrap my head around ableton but there is a lot to learn. When I was learning the in and outs of traktor pro, I found DJTT which really helped. I'm hoping there is similar web site for ableton. Thanks in advance guys!
    I'd try youtube..
    Also I followed the little Live tutorial that opens to the right, and I was good to go.. the rest I just picked up on my own.

Yea I figured putting in some serious man hours of watching youtube tutorias would be my best bet. I appreciate the advice.

The in build tutorials are ace and teach you pretty much everything you need to know if I remember correctly.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Honestly, the single best source of info is the manual. if you bought Ableton online as a download, you can still buy a physical manual for $29. Easier to read than a big PDF.

It can be hard work through, because reading manuals is kind of dry, but you will learn a lot very quickly.

YouTube vids can also be very helpful, as mentioned.

Also, the Ableton Tips and Tricks forum can be helpful.

Good luck! Ableton can be tricky to figure out at first but just keep working at it and it will all be worth it!

yea I looked at the manuel a little. the 30 dollar copy is not a bad idea. Thanks a bunch guys!

A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Convert

Check out Dubspot for some amazing tutorials, also PointBlank online.

Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

So much information. I love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast