delay pedals for live DJ sets?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default delay pedals for live DJ sets?

anybody using a delay pedal for live DJ sets?

I'm looking for something interesting, left of center - not just for straight dubs, but maybe for some crazier effects, maybe on some synths, etc.

I've been thinking about the Boss RE-20, but I'd love to know what else out there is being used by other DJs.

I also would be into something with a "hold" function, but its not necessary...

thanks in advance for the advice!

Hold function? What's that?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Isn't it like 'echo freeze'?
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

If you so can just use a post-fader fx loop and lower the fader to get a "freeze effect"

Tech Convert

yes, "freeze" or "hold" is when the effected sound is basically looped infinitely - usually by flipping a switch, or on some pedals, actually hitting a second pedal. this can be cool when you adjust the rate and it changes the pitch - allowing you to tweak out melodies if you wish. I hope I'm explaining that well enough.

anyway, like I said - its not necessary for what I'm looking for, but it can always be a nice bonus!

Oh I thought you meant cutting the input to the delay so you just hear the delay trail off by itself. nm me then!

I use a RigKontrol footpedal system from NI's Guitar Rig series as a midi controller for Traktor effects, or I can try and tax my system and run Guitar Rig separately as an insert on my mixer. Though mostly just midi... With the two external pedal jacks it can give you up to 11 switches/buttons and an expression pedal... or 9 Switches and 3 expression pedals.. I love the thing, use it to drop 808s while I'm scratching too...

So I've had it where one footswitch controls a delay, or even where the expression pedal activates and adjusts delay setting. Fun stuff these footswitches and pedals are!
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

ive been using a Boss DD7 on and off for 12 months. Depending which mixer your using, they can be a bit tricky to hook up and use without losing volume
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

Tech Convert

i've thought about the DD-7. Everybody seems to swear by the DD-5. Not sure what the DD-5 has over the DD-7. anybody know?

also, anybody using a boss RE-20? I'm really curious about this pedal!!! and esp what other DJ's might think of it....

i have an eventide time factor... you can assign parameter control via cc's, lots of interesting modulation and routing, incredible sounds relative to how deep you want to go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast