krk rp6 g2 monitors... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The y cables are for my A2 soundcard from my laptop to the mixer and then from my 3.5mm stereo jack desktop to the mixer and then the main outs go into my monitors...so I'm sure I have the right cables! Does that make sense?
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nuke5 View Post
    The y cables are for my A2 soundcard from my laptop to the mixer and then from my 3.5mm stereo jack desktop to the mixer and then the main outs go into my monitors...so I'm sure I have the right cables! Does that make sense?
    Right, I must be a bit stupid, because I can't work out what goes where.

You have:

A2 soundcard ->

Y cable ->

Mixer ->

and

Internal Soundcard (3.5 mm stereo) ->

??? ->

Mixer

I still don't get the Y-cable, unless the soundcard only has a stereo output? I also don't get how you're getting from the 3.5mm to the mixer.

Is the single end of the y-cable at the soundcard, or at the mixer?
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

alright ill try to explain it better...i bought that little mixer so i could use the KRKs on my laptop and desktop. I use the A2 on my laptop and the output on that needs to be split so i use the y-cable to plug in a left and right cable into the mixer line 2/3. Then from the desktop i use a 3.5mm converter into 1/4 TRS, plug the TRS y-cable into that and then use two TRS cables to plug into the left and right ports in the mixer line 4/5. Then i use TRS from the left speaker and plug it into the main out of the mixer and the same with the right.

yes the single end of the y-cable is in the soundcard.
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock

Tech Mentor

alright ill try to explain it better...i bought that little mixer so i could use the KRKs on my laptop and desktop. I use the A2 on my laptop and the output on that needs to be split so i use the y-cable to plug in a left and right cable into the mixer line 2/3. Then from the desktop i use a 3.5mm converter into 1/4 TRS, plug the TRS y-cable into that and then use two TRS cables to plug into the left and right ports in the mixer line 4/5. Then i use TRS from the left speaker and plug it into the main out of the mixer and the same with the right.

yes the single end of the y-cable is in the soundcard.

Ah. There's two Y-cables involved, that's where I was getting confused, thanks for clearing it up.

So, the problem is in the laptop -> a2 -> mixer -> speakers chain? I think it's the splitter that's likely to be the issue (given that you have to connect only the Tip and Ring of the Tip Ring Sleeve to get correct sound).

Is there more to the model number of your soundcard than A2? I can't find a reference to it that I think is the right thing. Even a make would be handy.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

yeah sorry man its the native instruments audio 2 dj lol

Tech Mentor

yeah sorry man its the native instruments audio 2 dj lol
    Which only has 6.5mm stereo outs. Weird.

Like I said, I'd suspect the splitter. I haven't had a lot to do with splitters, but every time I've tried to use one I've had issues. Is a stereo 6.5 -> twin mono 6.5 splitter the same thing as a TRS 6.5 -> twin TRS 6.5?

Quote Originally Posted by ellgieff View Post
    Which only has 6.5mm stereo outs. Weird.

Like I said, I'd suspect the splitter. I haven't had a lot to do with splitters, but every time I've tried to use one I've had issues. Is a stereo 6.5 -> twin mono 6.5 splitter the same thing as a TRS 6.5 -> twin TRS 6.5?
    haha to be honest i have no idea lol im super lost

I actually just got rokit 6's. Im setting them up in about a week, I really hope this doesnt happen to me. I am planning on connecting the speakers to my computer through my s4 (using it as a soundcard). I bought 2 XLR to TRS cables so hopefully those are gunna provide some good balanced sound without the snap crackle pops. wish me luck lol
    15'' Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Hercules RMX, Midifighter Classic, NI Maschine, Pair of KRK Rokit 6 SEs, Xone XD:53 Headphones

Author on NoiseYouShouldHear.Com

yeah ive had no problems with my speakers since i stopped using my s4 as the soundcard lol hopefully you wont have any problems! they are amazing speakers tho...i love them

I couldnt read the whole thread, whatd you use instead of the S4 as your soundcard?
    15'' Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Hercules RMX, Midifighter Classic, NI Maschine, Pair of KRK Rokit 6 SEs, Xone XD:53 Headphones

Author on NoiseYouShouldHear.Com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast