Commuting to work by bike....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Commuting to work by bike....

Who does this? im going to start and i will need a bag big enough to fit my gym stuff in aswell as my lunch etc. Is a 45 litre rucksack to big for using when cummuting do you think? it fits pretty well the one ive seen and doesnt feel so big but that is empty in the shop... suggestions are welcome..
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I used to do 50 miles one way three days a week. It was to a bike shop though so that made it a little different. I would keep a change of clothes there and other little essentials.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Back when I worked out in the suburbs at an auction company, I used to bike 13 miles to work every day.

Though, I don't own a car

A small backpacking backpack was all i ever needed to take to work

See what you can fit, but Chrome bags are by far my favorite on bikes…something about the way they sit even makes the extra third strap thing pointless. Plus, they're really easy to get things out of if you ever need to.

And, yeah…I've done it before. My commute is only like 10 miles…and I'm sick of paying for gas. Last time I filled up, it was like $4.30/gallon. That'll be the last tank of gas I buy for a while.

I have a Timbuk2 courier bag, which I bring a suit and gym kit in on ... though my bike mad father in law insists that pannier bags are the way to go, get the weight on the bike, not you ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    I have a Timbuk2 courier bag, which I bring a suit and gym kit in on ... though my bike mad father in law insists that pannier bags are the way to go, get the weight on the bike, not you ...
    Truth, especially of it's a dedicated commuter.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i say get a basket in front like dorothy...

i biked to work when i worked midnight to six at an oldies radio station years ago...there werent many people on the road at that time...and there was no one else in the studio...i always rolled with an extra shirt and that was about it...a little jansport was enough for me...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    i say get a basket in front like dorothy...

i biked to work when i worked midnight to six at an oldies radio station years ago...there werent many people on the road at that time...and there was no one else in the studio...i always rolled with an extra shirt and that was about it...a little jansport was enough for me...
    Though if you have a basket, you need an inflatable ET for it ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

he could double as the anti theft device...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I bike commute but you all don't want to know how ridiculously close I live to work It's quicker for me to ride than drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    If your commute is longish (> 15mins) then listen to this guy's father. No need for all of that extra weight/pressure on your shoulders and back everyday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast