ICON iDJ First Impressions - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Very nice of you man, thanx a lot !
    I'll just bother you with some more questions now

Is there a way to see how many K the pots/fader are ( without you having to take out the front panel, maybe by looking sideway if its printed on the side of the components or something, don't sweat it if its not possible)?
    The axis we see from the jogs, does it sit in a shaft on the bottom plastic part, or is it held in between the front panel and the pcb ?

Thanks again for all the infos !
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Thanks a lot for the pics. They're using something like a slip ring. Hmm, I think the other option would be better.
    Anyway, is the controller worth it's price?

Quote Originally Posted by oneapemob View Post
    Very nice of you man, thanx a lot !
    I'll just bother you with some more questions now

Is there a way to see how many K the pots/fader are ( without you having to take out the front panel, maybe by looking sideway if its printed on the side of the components or something, don't sweat it if its not possible)?
    The axis we see from the jogs, does it sit in a shaft on the bottom plastic part, or is it held in between the front panel and the pcb ?

Thanks again for all the infos !
    it might be possible to see - shame i didn't take a photo from the front where the pots are i guess i might take it apart again soon but not today probably.

there's nothing in the bottom plastic that fits around the jogs assembly - the bottom half of the shell is just a cover, nothing more.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by kostis12345 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the pics. They're using something like a slip ring. Hmm, I think the other option would be better.
    Anyway, is the controller worth it's price?
    i think the controller is a bit of a bargain - either as an additional controller to add to a setup, to use while travelling or just for a beginner to try out.

14 pots, 5 faders, 24 buttons and 2 touch sensitive jogs (that actually respond really well) with a pretty cool midi implementation for about 100quid is pretty cool...

the only thing i dont like about it is the lack of led feedback over midi - or at least i can't get it to respond to anything. you can download firmware from their website (tho they have v1 for download and mine is at v1.01 atm) so maybe they'll implement that later? it is pretty new i guess.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Guru

Here's a quick diagram of what's going on...

Sometimes the slotted disc is actually part of the patter itself, and molded into the non-conductive platter piece, but the principal is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post

Here's a quick diagram of what's going on...

Sometimes the slotted disc is actually part of the patter itself, and molded into the non-conductive platter piece, but the principal is the same.
    Thanks for the 3d representation, may I ask in which software it was made?
    Isn't there any noise in the signal due to that kind of connection?

Tech Guru

That's SketchUp. And the chips used to do the capacitive touch sensing are able to auto calibrate and reject noise very well. Several manufacturers make them (Cypress has the best documentation).

Unfortunately, I'm a big idiot and posted that in the wrong thread.

Thanks nemOnic !

Yea i figured it must have been something like that or like the xp-5/10, with an encoder. I'm pondering the possibility of getting one of these or the dn-sc 2000 and modding it to add a bigger plater in a new case ( actually to put in a modded mpd 24 ). But i'm not about to buy something and discover it cannot be done.
    And since we are not far away from a number of controlled leaks about the next round of dj stuff, well i'll have to wait and see whats comming
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    That's SketchUp. And the chips used to do the capacitive touch sensing are able to auto calibrate and reject noise very well. Several manufacturers make them (Cypress has the best documentation).

Unfortunately, I'm a big idiot and posted that in the wrong thread.
    Yeah, I thought it was Sketchup xD Great sketch BTW.

I sent you a PM so that I don't jack this thread, if you want I can transfer it to my other thread.

had to pull the thing apart as i got fed up of the right hand side pitch fader that was fault when u got it - so here's some pics in case they are any use. click on the thumbs for fullsize versions...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast