Touch OSC help

Thread: Touch OSC help

Tech Guru

Default Touch OSC help

Wassssssupppp was just wondering if anyone has updated touchosc and the editor and tried mapping jog wheels.

From what ive seen it looks like its going to be possible to have a touch ses jog wheel and then and inner blue wheel like that off a cdj that revolves

Have tried mapping it but it seems to be shit when it comes to using as a touch sens jogwheel, anyone tried this out with luck and no the steps, ive tried having a seperate scratch on button but it just stops the track.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    Wassssssupppp was just wondering if anyone has updated touchosc and the editor and tried mapping jog wheels.

From what ive seen it looks like its going to be possible to have a touch ses jog wheel and then and inner blue wheel like that off a cdj that revolves

Have tried mapping it but it seems to be shit when it comes to using as a touch sens jogwheel, anyone tried this out with luck and no the steps, ive tried having a seperate scratch on button but it just stops the track.

I've been having a play with it. You have to take the sensitivity down to around 15%, depending on the size of your encoder - smaller wheels seem to work better IMO. It also seems much smoother when the deck is not playing if you are scratching.

What settings did you settle on?

Tech Guru

ive decided to leave this be apparently its a constant rate encoder so its not really possible to use as a full on jog wheel, you cant slow scratch really its just a constant speed.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.