VJKungFu game controller setup walkthroughs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VJKungFu game controller setup walkthroughs.

VJKungFu is a site for VJs, but it has a bunch of walkthroughs for setting up game and other controllers, shows some mappings between setups and programs, and has performance videos showing how each setup works.

http://vjkungfu.com/

Inspirational, with solid setup tutorials.

Tech Mentor

nice find

Cool website bro'!

Loving the way he's tutoring.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    VJKungFu is a site for VJs, but it has a bunch of walkthroughs for setting up game and other controllers, shows some mappings between setups and programs, and has performance videos showing how each setup works.

http://vjkungfu.com/

Inspirational, with solid setup tutorials.

I'm going to be using his 4 layer setup for VJ'ing for an upcoming rave in march! Great tutorial site if you want to get into VJ'ing

wow thx fatlimey!

i was curious about VJing ever since i saw the small EYENSEE vid, where he showed that he's using VCI100 for VJing. (i wasn't VCI100 owner back then tho)

there is absolutely HUGE shortage of VJs in my country, so i wouldn't mind to be one of the guys that change it
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Well, I have always been interested to blend DJ-ing and VJ-ing more, so I am really digging this resource. Just to get some quick ins and outs.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Impressive!

Anyone know what tune is playing in the background of his latest vid?
    Vox goes 'Paper, Scissor, Stone'?

Must have it!
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I think VDJ's days are limited and the future is the DJ who can do both at the same time, thats just my look on things anyway. Thats not to say anyone shouldnt read these tutorials !

oh...Bento I completely disagree with you... I think you have a really bad definition of what a true vj is... A true vj is crafting his own vids for event with program like after effect and 3D program like maya, 3dmax blender... A good dj have awesome design skill and a good sense of rythm. It take alot of time to prepare event and video, a dj doesn't have the time to craft video and prepare set, dig for new track, doing edit, remix... It's a completely different task and you need to invest yourself in it.

edit:Sorry if i'm a little rude but i'm a motion designer in my everyday job and it make me mad when graphic design is not taken seriously

those guys are true respectable vj's
    http://www.myspace.com/play_collective
    Last edited by de_stilj; 02-20-2009 at 09:00 AM.
    macbook/2 Stanton STR.150 /Axiom 25/AKAI MPD 25/Vestax vci-100/Serato sl3/Ableton live 8 suite/ krk monitor/Ecler Nuo 2.0/Akai mpd24/midiFighter /Audio 4/2 Pioneer cdj 800mk2/

The thing is though, the future isnt in video at all - its in on the fly computer generated graphics because there is just sooooo much more that can be done with them over video.

I think there will be some sort of synergy with visual artists and djs much like there is already a synergy between dj and music producers - eventually as technology comes along we will see DJ's who are also VJ's and they will blow your mind !

A dj who is in control of the music at the same time as the video is going to be to manipulate the stream in time with the music much better than a vj who doesnt know whats comming up next.

I think we will see hybrids of audio and video where the focus on the music will be formost but the gear used to manipulate the video will also be manipulating the computer generated graphics at the same time. So say the dj slaps on a delay effect, this would be physically represented in the video stream without the dj having to turn on the audio delay and video delay serperatly.

This system will be called - Hang the VJ lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast