Ever Felt Like Quitting? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i've thought about quitting several times. sometimes i feel like i dont get the recognition that i deserve while others do (and get higher pay!). in the end i always remind myself that this is something i like doing for fun and that even if i dont get paid what i would like or if i didnt have a residency i would still like edm and dj culture. i would still be a midi and ableton nerd.

I think you gotta be mad to try and do this for anything other than yourself. Any success or profit is just a nice little cherry on top of the fun you're having
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Go F a hot chick, you'll feel a lot better after
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Right...
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I'm just about 30 years old and Ive been on the decks since 93, dont lose faith.
    I'm 29, started around 2000-ish (what I did before doesn't really count as DJing) and I'm not envious of anybody

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I think you gotta be mad to try and do this for anything other than yourself. Any success or profit is just a nice little cherry on top of the fun you're having
    what he said. just do your thing, as long as you love it success is only a bonus.

Tech Wizard

If becoming big and famous was easy then everyone would do it. When I feel like this I put my equipment down and step away for a little bit. I know I love music and would be lost without it. Sometimes I get frustrated and think I suck and won't go anywhere with it, but then I think... what does it matter? I'm having a riot doing what I do at any capacity.

If people tell you you should stop wasting your time, don't bother paying attention to them. I mean, when people say things like that it makes me feel like they are saying, "Don't do anything because in the end you die." It's just a bummer of a thought. So instead of letting people get you down, keep mixing, keep producing, and keep having fun. If you do it for the love of music then what else could possibly matter?

Yup! I just put in my notice at work on Monday.

Feels great!!!

Tech Wizard

Do you have another job lined up?

I'm not sure what way you'll take this but here's my opinion,

I'm 17, Starting music production in college next month. If i end up a huge name in the clubs and can live the huge dj lifestyle that's great so be it, But if i can't and i'm only bits here and there, i'm still gunna keep music as my profession when i'm older simply because i love doing it. Whether i make milllions or pocket dust. I'll be happy, Because i know i'll be doing what i love doing, And not trying to please anyone else.
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

We are at a point in history where the musicians (and DJs) have to get back to the original position of either finding a sponsor (like a king or someone with lots of money) or then just do what JS Bach et rest did, have a daytime job, maybe related to music and do whatever you want at your spare time. There will be exceptions but few in future.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast