Echo freeze in Itch?

Default Echo freeze in Itch?

Switching to Itch 2.0 next week when I'm back home (new equipment woot!) and was wondering if there's a Traktor echo-freeze type of effect in Itch?

It's been very handy to me for my mixes, hope I can still do something similar in Itch!

Any insight? Thanks :-)

Macro to set loop, sync to next track and fade out? If itch has that ability? :/

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I basically couldn't switch to itch if it didn't have that...

I think it has post fader fx though so if you wack on echo and then cut out the tune it should just carry on echoing...

Don't quote me on that though
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

^ You have to do it with the post fader effects and it works "ok" ish.

The way I've found it sounds best is set your delay effect at 1/1, turn the dry wet to 100. Then on the word you want to fade out on, hit the ON button and I use the crossfader to slam to the new track and the post fader delay "echos out". I've found it works better using the crossfader since it's a shorter movement.

Also with the vestax VFX-1 you can control a third effects parameter that I don't think you can control with the other controllers that creates a wetter sound.

SSL has an echo out effect that sounds pretty damn good. I would expect it makes it over to Itch soon.

As is right now, the Traktor Delay-Freeze sounds better.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

I'd say 9/10 of my mixes end in echo freeze now. It's just such a smooth, emotive and elegant way to fade out the last track
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

lol wut?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    ^ You have to do it with the post fader effects and it works "ok" ish.

The way I've found it sounds best is set your delay effect at 1/1, turn the dry wet to 100. Then on the word you want to fade out on, hit the ON button and I use the crossfader to slam to the new track and the post fader delay "echos out". I've found it works better using the crossfader since it's a shorter movement.

Also with the vestax VFX-1 you can control a third effects parameter that I don't think you can control with the other controllers that creates a wetter sound.

SSL has an echo out effect that sounds pretty damn good. I would expect it makes it over to Itch soon.

As is right now, the Traktor Delay-Freeze sounds better.
    Sorry for thread-digging, but I didn't want to open a new one up for a simple question.

Haze, since you have the DJM800, can you tell me if you can duplicate the Traktor Delay-Freeze on the DJM, Post-Fader?

I like using this effect on my S4 when I'm scratching and mixing to Hip-Hop for my transitions, but I get no Post-Fader, so I can't throw in the next track while the other is delay/freezing out....

I am looking into get a used 800, but wanted to see if this is possible?

Tech Guru

Dude, you can do it....but it's decent, not all that great. Nothing like Traktors.

Have your D/W 100% and have the effect already turned on. THen when you want to hit it, assign it to the deck and I used the crossfader to cut over. The volume fader makes it drag out less.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Dude, you can do it....but it's decent, not all that great. Nothing like Traktors.

Have your D/W 100% and have the effect already turned on. THen when you want to hit it, assign it to the deck and I used the crossfader to cut over. The volume fader makes it drag out less.
    PM sent.