Under 18 DJing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under 18 DJing

Tech Wizard

Default Under 18 DJing

Basically, I live in CT, and want to know where I should start finding places to DJ. This wouldn't be problem, if I wasn't 17. Sure I can DJ at house parties and what not, but where should I look for places elsewhere? should I just ask at bars/cafes that usually have DJs? Also there's a couple places where live bands play that might be up for a DJ. Halp?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hashbrunz View Post
    Basically, I live in CT, and want to know where I should start finding places to DJ. This wouldn't be problem, if I wasn't 17. Sure I can DJ at house parties and what not, but where should I look for places elsewhere? should I just ask at bars/cafes that usually have DJs? Also there's a couple places where live bands play that might be up for a DJ. Halp?
    Hey ya i kinda have the same issue im 16 and live in washington dc.... So what u should do is look for organized teen event to get u started until ur 18 thats what i did... What do i mean?:
    -PArties organized by schools
    -Parties organized by companies that hold "teen" parties like these: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2141536AA10e5X
    -Have organized parties(can be hard) so like say free drinks(non alcaholic..if uwant ) and free food 10 dollar entrance and music (you)... TRUST ME MANY LONELY TEENAGE GIRLS AND GUYS ARE LOOKING FOR SOME FUN... And so are couples that need alone areas.. ask ur school if u can hold one in the gym (therenot using it at night ) or the auditoriom idk and say either they will make money u use 50% for them and 15% for food and drink:costco: and then u payurself for organization and DJ... Eventually the kids u DJ for will go to clubs and then ull have a following... And then well u might just rule the world.. hope that helps SORRY FOR THE SPELLING ITS LATE HEAR AND I DONT HAVE THE PATIENCE TO EDIT...

Tech Wizard

>non alcoholic
    HA.
    but ya that might be the way to go. I might be able to DJ at my school's homecoming, but I just don't want to be stuck playing top 40s forever. I'll probably organize some house parties and such. I just remembered that there's a roller rink in my town that has a DJ everynight. It's a younger crowd (and once again top40s on repeat) but hell I could see if they wouldn't mind having a House night. well there's some options I guess. I'll post back in this forum in a few weeks (hopefully with results!)
    best of luck to you sir!

I am 15 and in australia, they have like raves for kids sort of things down hear an my friends a dj there who is 14, i am trying to get my foot in the door. i will soon cause i only sent them an email like 2 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    I am 15 and in australia, they have like raves for kids sort of things down hear an my friends a dj there who is 14, i am trying to get my foot in the door. i will soon cause i only sent them an email like 2 days ago
    Where abouts do you live in Australia? Im 17 in Sydney and there's a couple of under 18 things- but I've never heard of a 14 year old dj playing at any of them? What event(s) are you talking about?
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

He was an opener one night at rumors, you ever hear of that place down here in victoria. ? yeah but he had some connections and got in without any real work, he just got his friend to get him a spot and then yea

Tech Guru

Technically if you are paying 10 dollar entrance, food and drink isnt free
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Some 17 year olds round my way used to put on a 16+ heavy dubstep night. Basically exactly the same as a normal night except it was filled by every single 16 + 17 year old in a 30 mile radius wanting to go to their first dubstep night and get absolutely fucked on smuggled vodka and energy drinks :P

Seriously it went down a storm, why not try it?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Some 17 year olds round my way used to put on a 16+ heavy dubstep night. Basically exactly the same as a normal night except it was filled by every single 16 + 17 year old in a 30 mile radius wanting to go to their first dubstep night and get absolutely fucked on smuggled vodka and energy drinks :P

Seriously it went down a storm, why not try it?
    A dubstep night full of kids you say?

Yeah, went down really well. Loads of terrible brostep and popstep.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast