Which controllers with motorized platter does Traktor support? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Instead of wasting more time on this (and get low-res support out of it), I found a different workaround which works top notch.
    Care to share the work-around?

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I will soon in a blog-entry. Its again time-code related like what Controlled Demolition once showed off.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Guru

I will soon in a blog-entry. Its again time-code related like what Controlled Demolition once showed off.
    Cool. Looking forward to it!!

Tech Guru

I've written it myself.

Instead of wasting more time on this (and get low-res support out of it), I found a different workaround which works top notch.
    That makes sense - explains why the data looked so strange.

Mudo

After few new test with Norbert (the guy at my video) I'm more agree with nemonic than ever.

The problem of wow-flutter and so leaves on how traktor understand the input data (and I remember a traktor version previously to Stanton lawsuit which has MTC and 14 bits sysex option for transport control...)

About NS7/V7 deck data DjQuartz was working on it and trying to convince Numark and Native Instruments but it seems was a "way out".

The problem of wow-flutter and so leaves on how traktor understand the input data (and I remember a traktor version previously to Stanton lawsuit which has MTC and 14 bits sysex option for transport control...)
    What lawsuit are you talking about ?

About NS7/V7 deck data DjQuartz was working on it and trying to convince Numark and Native Instruments but it seems was a "way out".
    Yeah, he gave up rightfully. Being a beta-tester for Traktor Pro and also working for Numark I know the reasons behind this but can't say anything due to NDA's.

Mudo

Yeah, he gave up rightfully. Being a beta-tester for Traktor Pro and also working for Numark I know the reasons behind this but can't say anything due to NDA's.
    I'm not sure (maybe nemonic could give us some light about it) but since lawsuit about timecode patents from N2IT over Native Instruments (after break the Stanton/NI partnershipping) traktor left the midi timecode (MTC) which will be useful for Scs.1d

It will be cool know official statements almost, I don't know what was wrong or so... Project is "stand by"? Cancelled?

Thanks to share mate!
    -m!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudo View Post
    It will be cool know official statements almost, I don't know what was wrong or so... Project is "stand by"? Cancelled?

this really sucks, everytime i talk to my numark rep he assures me that it will never happen, but i guess the rest of the numark team dosent know that because they keep confirming that it will happen.

Tech Guru

The lawsuits with N2IT (which both NI and Stanton, along with many others were involved in separately) have nothing to do with the fact that NI doesn't directly support moving platter controllers. N2IT's patent infringement lawsuits didn't effect SCS.1 (at least not in the way you're implying).

The biggest problem (in my opinion) with SCS.1 is that it was never fully developed. At it's core, the concept is fantastic. And the hardware implementation would be (mostly) fine if there was a software partner that offered direct support at release. But that didn't happen - which is ONE of the reasons that the DaRouter solution was utilized.

Honestly, I don't think we've seen what SCS.1 can really do. I still think that clever programming and the right firmware could radically change the product. But I'm not sure the executive staff at Stanton is willing to do the things necessary to make the product right (they certainly weren't while I was there - instead wanting to nickle and dime the issue). There are some clever people working on it now, and I hope they're able to accomplish something amazing in spite of the corporate climate.

Being a beta-tester for Traktor Pro and also working for Numark I know the reasons behind this but can't say anything due to NDA's.
    Since when has Quartz EVER worked for Numark? I happen to know him. And who has you under an NDA?

Quartz is beta-tester for NI.

I'm beta-tester for NI and work for Numark. NDA from both.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast