Who else think unrelated pic threads should be stopped
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Who else think unrelated pic threads should be stopped

Its come to the stage where you are trying to read posts about an intesting subject that may actually be relevant and when you scroll down and see the name of one of a handfull of members you pretty much know an unrelated picture is coming up with some shitty remark under it.

This forum is going to end up turning into a joke. The same people seem to keep derailing threads with this utter and blatant spam... This is what the off topic section was about but it seems like some people are just pretty much jumping up and down waving saying "look at me" now I know there are some younger members on the site and we need to respect their childish antics but at the end of the day this is an informative help site dedicated to djing not "google images"

Who else finds this annoying and thinks it should just be kept in the off topic section??
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Meh, just let it wash over you chap. there's no point getting wound up about it - that way leads to rage and stress induced heeart attacks.

I've been involved in forums where the silliness factor was removed via editorial control/the banhammer and it died as it was fucking boring by the end.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Guru

True, but it would be nice to leave it in a certain section, if people start getting 24 hour bans it will fix this straight away, just a pain when you see a genuine question which you either want to know the answer or know the answer ill look down see photos and end up just going to the next thread since im not going to siv through random shit to see if someones already answered it or to see if what I want to know has been answered, picture embedding isnt really needed, just a link if its on topic.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tbh the threads that turn into image wars and the threads with reasonable discussions are pretty much mutually exclusive, so I don't really see an issue. The only threads getting spammed are already shitstorms.

Tech Guru

I think they are funny and entertaining.

....waits for some crazy pictures to end up on this thread
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Report the post by clicking the little triangle and I'll do my best to curb it. If it's an OT post though then it's fair game.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Tech Guru

^^^ HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

LOL

There it is.

10!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

lol nice one Cardell
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

One of the things I have always enjoyed about this forum is the relaxed atmosphere. Please do not start adding silly restrictions.. Free speech is golden.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast