Thinking about a split DJ setup.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Thinking about a split DJ setup.

So, currently I have TT's, the APC80 and Traktor.

I find I can incorporate the TT's and The APC80....but still kind of seems a waste.

I am seriously thinking of splitting my rig up.

1) Midi Controller setup - APC80...Korg KP3 and TSP2. This works great!

2) TT Deck setup - TT's, mixer and Serato ITCH2 (seems to be the best version)

I am enjoying the DVS of Traktor, but use it so much more with just the APC80.

2 decks and 2 sample decks are kinda taking up all my time playing Electro and Psy. Using the TT's with that....is just added Scratching FX...nothing like actually using the Timecode to play tracks.

So thinking of the above setup.

Then I can do the TT Timecode thing on ITCH2 (will need a mixer and Serato Box....maybe the RANE mixer.....) and have it exclusively for scratching and playing with a live drummer and jamming.

Then have the Midi Setup for my Electro\Psy gigs.

I think it would be better that way than trying to work it all into all facets of my DJing and having to lug all that shit to a gig.

Yes....the more I think about it...the more sense it makes to me. Or am i convincing myself here?

What you guys think?

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I think its a solid idea, no sense lugging stuff around that you're not really gonna use. I've actually been contemplating something similar with having two separate setups, as I often have the urge to play on a traditional system instead of my digital madness.

Uh, Itch isn't DVS. Do you mean Serato Scratch?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Sounds good mate - just take what you need to do your thing
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Uh, Itch isn't DVS. Do you mean Serato Scratch?
    Whichever will work and be most economical in the sense of being able to use it with just the APC80 controller too.

I still need to research it. Never used Serato at all....but it is really intriguing me.

Basically...the motivation is that i don;t use my TT's and DVS enough to get solid practice out of it.

I scratch a bit over my Electro...and muck about....but spend more time on looping, FX, Cue Jumping etc....so its a waste really.

To utilize it fully (DVS and my Turntables) I think Serato is a good choice.

Arrg...I might just get a mixer and use Traktor DVS as I already have it....but I will see.

I like my hybrid setup and it will continue to be hybrid....but I want to be able to go and jam with mates and bands....without having to lug and plug the APC80 in and all and all.

Versatility is what i am after I guess.

Time to reseach...

*This could all just be my GAS kicking in.....*
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

You can't use Itch with just any MIDI controller. It has to be one that comes with it.

Here's what I suggest...

1) TTs and 2/3 channel mixer (A&H Xone:22 or Xone:32?) with X1 and TSP2 DVS.

2) APC80 with TSP2 (MIDI/internal mode).

That way you aren't doubling up on software. Or better yet, get a four channel mixer and have everything hooked up at once, but just use what you want at the time.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    You can't use Itch with just any MIDI controller. It has to be one that comes with it.

Here's what I suggest...

1) TTs and 2/3 channel mixer (A&H Xone:22 or Xone:32?) with X1 and TSP2 DVS.

2) APC80 with TSP2 (MIDI/internal mode).

That way you aren't doubling up on software. Or better yet, get a four channel mixer and have everything hooked up at once, but just use what you want at the time.
    Good thinking Batman!

I knew it would be a good idea to post my idea.

The Xone:22 is going for pretty cheap over here...and love A&H.
    Pop in an Innofader...and good to go.

X1......was thinking about it.

I need to get my VCI-100 sorted and running again so i can flogg it. Sad day.....but move on we must!

Ecler Nuo 2.0 broooooo

Go pure vinyl. That or xwax. you know you wanna.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

APC80 and KP3 seems a sick setup if you are doing external mixing (wich I prefer), if internal I think you will lack knobs for EQ.

Why don't you buy a analog Mixer with 4 channels, nothing too fancy, just enough to EQ Fader and Crossfader your music at home as I think that if you are playing out you really should use the club's mixer.

For DVS I really think you should keep your traktor setup and external mixing. I don't know the serato world either but I read from a lot of people who changed serato (SSL or Itch) for traktor if that accounts something...

I mix internally at the moment with the APC80.
    And have Timecode running on deck C.

But wanna go External with a real mixer I thinks. Then I will have both.

An internal system and external. Still using DVS of course. I am happy with that. Audio4 I got....so yeah....a Mixer and a nice Xfader.

WOOT!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast