4 decks minimal techno & tech-house
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default 4 decks minimal techno & tech-house

this is my first 1,5hour set and the first time I kinda worked it out with 4 decks. All tips are welcome!

Banned

No tracklisting?

Tech Wizard

I could do that but I want more apreciation for that before I'll put that effort in it! If you wanna know a specific track or personally really like a tracklisting let me know (the time the track starts if you want a specific track id) and I'll help you

It's pretty easy to extract the track listing from Traktor, see the History section in the browser.

Tech Wizard

aah thanks didn't know that. but i guess there's no way to get back the history of 2 sets ago is it

Banned

Well, if you expect people to make the effort to listen to your mix, the least you can do is provide a tracklisting. With the sheer volume of mixes out there, why would I listen to yours when I can listen to one that already has a tracklisting?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

All of your histories are saved in the archive folder in traktor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

okay thanks alot dude! any comments on my set though?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by abel420 View Post
    okay thanks alot dude! any comments on my set though?
    I listened to your set last night while playing Baldur's Gate 1 Tutu. I killed some bandits and Hobgoblins while listening. My GF was doing some crafts and listened too. Here are my/our brief comments.

- In general your levels were quite good. I didn't notice much working of the EQ, but I also didn't notice many (any?) significantly flubbed mixes or mismatched levels. Good job!

- There wasn't very much that was especially memorable about either your track selection or your mixing. But I didn't DISLIKE your track selection either, and my GF and I often mix similar music ourselves, so the fact that neither of us DISLIKED your selection is actually rather positive. When you hear someone who plays in a very similar style, it's almost harder to like it than if someone plays in a different style, because you think about what you would have done more, you know?

- Similar to the above comment about memorableness, there were almost no vocals or other hooks. If someone were to describe a part of the mix to you, or ask you for a track id having only heard it, how would they describe it? Where are the "anchors" in your mix?

- In general I would say that the impression I am left with after this mix is that your next mix is likely to be pleasant to listen to. My thoughts are that given how solid this foundation is, I'd like to see you go to the next level in terms of creating a mix around a theme or with more of an explicitly planned progression.

Thanks for posting and keep at it!

!!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer

Tech Wizard

well thanks, you are the first one who really gave some helpfull advice.
    I listened to it myself a few times and well, pretty much noticed the same things u said. It was okay, the mixes were all somewhat smooth but somehow not really noticable or overwhelming. I'll think of what you said while trying to improve my style. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast