Your thoughts on my Music
    Tech Wizard

Default Your thoughts on my Music

Hey I just thought I'd ask you guys your thoughts on my latest remix and my music in general. (if you wanna listen to more of my stuff)
    Give me your critisism and thoughts, is there anything I can improve on?
    I'm pretty new so I know there's a lot I could improve on =p

I've been producing for about 2 years, and DJing for about 6 months. and I've yet to actually really get into the music scene. IE getting gigs and such
    but I would like to soon

(Oh & I produce mostly Dubstep and House right now)

http://soundcloud.com/aghastlykid
    Windows 7 64 bit - 4GB Ram HP Pavillion DV6 - Ableton Live 8 - Many Various Softwares =p - Akai RPM3 Monitor Speakers - Akai APC40 - Behringer BCD 3000 - M-Audio Oxygen 49

Tech Wizard

i've got very minimal criticism for you, love this! here's my point-form criticism

-started very suttle, try to start it a bit softer and then bring in the full beat

-could have used a nice build-up with a heavy drop, especially with this genre/ style of music, you did a little of this during the end, but a nice drop would have been what I'd like to hear

-could have been a little longer

Other than that I think you got some good potential up ahead, would like to hear more of what you have to offer ~~!

K/C

Tech Wizard

That is a good point. i'll work on my buildups and maybe have more of a definitive drop. it would probably give more feeling to the lead rythm if i incorporated that

Thanks man, appreciate it!
    Windows 7 64 bit - 4GB Ram HP Pavillion DV6 - Ableton Live 8 - Many Various Softwares =p - Akai RPM3 Monitor Speakers - Akai APC40 - Behringer BCD 3000 - M-Audio Oxygen 49

Tech Wizard

not a problem it's what were all here for check out my summer mix if you'd like, it's on the mixes and production page i'd love to hear your opinion!
    Making da ladies shake dat azz since 92'

MBP->Traktor S4->Maschine

Most jarring issue was the vocals and instrumental playing completely unsynced... definitely need to fix that above all else

Tech Wizard

Hmm, it doesn't sound completely unsynced to me. I tried to get it pretty well synced. a few parts sound a little off.
    but maybe it sounds weird because it's house vocals on a dubstep beat? idunno

Quote Originally Posted by kevin-colin View Post
    not a problem it's what were all here for check out my summer mix if you'd like, it's on the mixes and production page i'd love to hear your opinion!
    I checked it out, i liked it! well done
    I thought it was a good choice/blend of tracks
    and Madeon is awesome, he's producing some really innovative stuff

Ya dude needs a drop. Just to change it up a tad.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by aghastlykid View Post
    Hmm, it doesn't sound completely unsynced to me. I tried to get it pretty well synced. a few parts sound a little off.
    but maybe it sounds weird because it's house vocals on a dubstep beat? idunno

I checked it out, i liked it! well done
    I thought it was a good choice/blend of tracks
    and Madeon is awesome, he's producing some really innovative stuff
    Agreed! Madeon is one hell of a kid, setting the standards once again, and thanks very much!
    Making da ladies shake dat azz since 92'

MBP->Traktor S4->Maschine