Your expectations for the near future
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Your expectations for the near future

theres a lot of speculation here about Native coming out with something new this fall however there isnt much other speculation. As a blogger in the industry and someone who works in the industry (not just djing, much more) i get alot of tips, some of which are true some merely speculation. Just wondering what anyone else knows or would like to see from the likes of bpm and winter namm etc.

for example:
    Native Instruments Kontrol X2 & S2 in Q4'11?

looks like video is coming to traktor

Traktor support for the V7... Finally?

I also know that the DN-S3700 by Denon will be discontinued this December and have started getting emails with rumored details of the new unit replacing it.

Lastly... will we finally get a replacement for the TTM57SL at bpm this year? its long due, and ive been getting emails on this aswell for quite some time...

What do you think is instore for us in the coming months?

If we knew anything official (or were legally allowed to release it), it would be on these forums by now
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    If we knew anything official (or were legally allowed to release it), it would be on these forums by now
    not necessarily asking for official stuff... if i needed to know that i would ask some reps, im asking what your expecting. What YOU want to see from these upcomming shows, and what you would think would be nice to see.

Tech Mentor

i'd love to see new items from the xone db range and i expect to see many, tight integrated tablets (ipads and androids) with more traditional gear.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    i'd love to see new items from the xone db range and i expect to see many, tight integrated tablets (ipads and androids) with more traditional gear.
    hahaha! new Xone DB stuff would be freakin awesome, but my window shopping wallet cant take another hit like it did with the DB4... LMAO!

I wonder how many of these devs with ipad apps, etc. will actually look into getting a booth for these trade shows... very interesting!

On the video front I'd like to see a product that is capable of nuzzling up to Taktor for the purpose of visualization/video, is cross platform, doesn't cost a lot and has an API for custom stuff.

EDIT:
    on the hardware side i'd like to see a real platter solution from someone other than Pioneer. Basically an HID device that isn't a hyper expensive play any medium CDJ but is strictly HID/MIDI control, i.e. no sound interface, media player with a big honkin' power cord.
    Last edited by space monkey; 08-07-2011 at 06:51 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I expect a replacement for the Xone DX.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    EDIT:
    on the hardware side i'd like to see a real platter solution from someone other than Pioneer. Basically an HID device that isn't a hyper expensive play any medium CDJ but is strictly HID/MIDI control, i.e. no sound interface, media player with a big honkin' power cord.
    DN-SC2000? *winkwink*
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    DN-SC2000? *winkwink*
    The platter on there is microscopic... doesn't really fit the bill.

Personally I'd like to see a CDJ900 MK2 that has something better than a gameboy screen. Doubt it will happen as the 50% price gap up to a 2000 will then seem even less reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    DN-SC2000? *winkwink*
    Yeah, I have two that I gigged on once. The platter is like a beer coaster and the pitch fader is wonky. Also the FX knobs are notched=stupid.
    They came soooo close to making a fantastic controller but I only use them for occasional practice and custom FX controller at home.
    I want some like the Otus but a tad smaller and less like an 80s microwave touch surface. meh

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast