Midi-fighter midi signals - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

That sounds crazy.

First of all.

All notes in the instant gratification mapping is covered by the 52 notes i specified. Secondly that would mean that if I bought a midifighter and made a costum mapping for it, then whenever I accidently hit a super combo, my midifighter would go bananas and do crazy stuff.

Please explain what notes it sends.
    If what you say is true, then 4 banks mode is totally useless to all other mappings besides instant gratification.

Jeppe Johansen

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Why would it go "bananas" ?

The software will only respond to a note if it is mapped to do so, so if you have not mapped any function to the note generated by the super combo nothing will happen when you trigger that super combo.

My point earlier was that your map as described earlier in this thread is not complete.

The super combo notes are generated by the midi fighter when it detects the correct sequence of buttons to generate a given super combo.

These combos are supposed to be a fun "secret" feature so Im not going to tell you what they are - however you should be able to find them easily on this forum.

Any way here is a document which describes the MIDI map for the MF Classic.

Midi Fighter Classic MIDI Map

- no it does not tell you what the super combos are, or the notes generated by them.
    Last edited by midifidler; 09-21-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Hey Cymptom.

The super combos are triggered by specific notes which are generated by the Midi Fighter when they detect a super combo sequence.

So if you are trying to map another controller to those events then you will need to map to the note generated by the detection of the super combo, not the keys used in the super combo
    Hello, thanks for the response.

Sorry, I'm having some trouble understanding. What you're saying is that there is actually a separate note generated by the detection of the super combo? I was under the impression that the combo was triggered by a modifier that increases in value as you move throughout the E2 F2 F#2 G2 sequence of notes.

Why wouldn't configuring four pads on the LPD8 to trigger the same notes used the trigger the combo on the midifighter (E2 F2 F#2 G2) make it trigger the combo in the same way? Aside from the sequence of notes E2 F2 F#2 G2 (in order and without release) being sent to Traktor, is there something else needed to trigger the combo?
    Last edited by cymptom; 09-21-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Tech Wizard

I can't find what you say true. I have downloaded the TSI for instant gratification and there are only commands for c-1-D#-1 + c2-B5, so if the midifigter sends a mystery note, then what good does it do if it is not mapped to anything?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

There are multiple implementations of the IG mapping, Ive forwarded this thread to Chris, who created the IG mapping, he will be able to provide greater detail.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJJJ View Post
    That sounds crazy.

First of all.

All notes in the instant gratification mapping is covered by the 52 notes i specified. Secondly that would mean that if I bought a midifighter and made a costum mapping for it, then whenever I accidently hit a super combo, my midifighter would go bananas and do crazy stuff.

Please explain what notes it sends.
    If what you say is true, then 4 banks mode is totally useless to all other mappings besides instant gratification.

Jeppe Johansen
    Its also worth pointing out that with the new updater tool, you can disable the combos if you don't want them.

Also, the combos were implemented as modifiers in older versions of the IG mapping, but a few months back, they were moved to the firmware, presumably to free up modifiers in the mapping or because it was faster or something.

Tech Wizard

If the combos are triggered by something in the firmware unique to the midifighter, then a) How is it that DJJJ is able to use them on his launchpad?; and b) where might I find older versions of the IG mapping?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by cymptom View Post
    If the combos are triggered by something in the firmware unique to the midifighter, then a) How is it that DJJJ is able to use them on his launchpad?; and b) where might I find older versions of the IG mapping?
    Do a forum search for Instant Gratification mappings. If I remember correctly, you're looking for a version of the mapping released before April.

I assume that's what DJJJ is using. The latest version of the firmware definitely handles the combos internally (combos.c is the source file).

Tech Wizard

That would be the 1.0.2 mapping released in February, right?

That's the one I've been using. I don't know about the others, but the beatmasher supercombo won't work. I'm wondering if it's just a problem innate to the LPD8.

I think it has something to do with the modifier 5 increases not working correctly. If I press any one of the beatmasher buttons, modifier 5 increases to one. But if I press another beatmasher button while holding that one, modifier 5 reverts to 0.

Tech Wizard

What you say isn't true. I am using the one from april labelled 1.03. I haven't found all super combos (actully just the one in the presentation video), but I have looked through the mapping and only the 52 notes I mentioned have been mapped to functions, so what you say about mystery combo notes doesn't make any sense:

Jeppe Johansen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast