Worth to buy the vci-100?

Default Worth to buy the vci-100?

So, here I am at work, lunchbrake. Alot of things spinning around in my head for some weeks now, and it's not only the regular questions you want to answered as a 20 year old guy, like if I should go study or look for a new job or what to study, where to live, what to do etc.

No, the thoughts that have occupied my head lately is whether I should buy a vci-100 and go the digital route(would work since i have a brand-new macbook pro which i actually bought for using with traktor last christmas).
    or if I should use pioneer gear at home and advance my skills using them(like cdjs 400eds(already have the djm 400 home and i kind of like it).

Anyway, I'm on the crossroads, either I go ahead and buy either cdjs or i sell my djm and go digital. What I want to achieve as a DJ is only to keep it as a hobby, play at some clubs(good to know pioneer then) make some mixes, mashups, remixes at home(traktor better id say) and perhaps play at some private partys.

I had the S4 when it was brand-new and sure, I liked it but I don't need to do all the things you can do with it. And I went to work in a foreign country for a couple of months so I sold it.

Now I was thinking of getting another S4 or perhaps the vci, the vci althoguh seems alot cooler but then again I do not know how the productsupport and future updates will be?

I love the build of the vci and looks, but as I mentioned earlier im on a crossroad and I just have to decide which way i wanna go.

Any feedback is appreciated!

best regards,

Martin

VCI SE is amazing.

If I was buying now personally i'd look at the Novation Twitch when it comes out.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

if you can find one for under $350, go for it

400s - you already have a mixer so you're half-way there, and you can use them with Traktor as well so you got the best of both worlds
    SC | MC

@Max
    Ye, saw twitch, looked kind of funky but I'm not sure about using serato.

@gary
    Yeah, my thoughts too. Problem is that im located in sweden, and the used-market of vci-100 is minimal. Also i'm new on ebay, so that makes trading with people from other countries even harder.

@Nicky
    yeah, used 400's I can get for 7000kr which is approx 1050 bucks here in sweden(most people want more, but I found one guy on the used market). Although I think I wouldnt use them is midicontrollers with traktor if i purchased them..

Tech Convert

Of course!!! all depends of the use that you want give to the controller.

Besides, the mapping is the big plus of the vci-100; when i upgrade my equipment, the only this i still have is this and great controller.

check all the mappings, and choose one for yourself, and check the mods

don`t see it like older technology, see it like open technology

@stoner

Sure, I like the vci and i lurked around a bit and saw that new mapping for tp2 is coming which ofcourse is positive but probably no new layouts and ideas for overlay?

Feels like something big in the digital controller market will come soon.. but I hate to wait.

Tech Wizard

I am just about to get my first controller pretty soon and i am looking at the twitch man!! If you already have traktor then you can map it with it. add a midifighter or x1 and your set i'd say
    | 13" Macbook Pro | Novation Twitch | Kontrol X1 | Bose QuietComfort 15 Headphones | Traktor Pro 2 | Serato Itch |

Tech Mentor

Still rockin' with my VCI-100 and it is still working for me fine (actually great), 3 years later, and I'm still loving what i can do with it. I say go with it, it is definitely worth it..
    VCI-100 (DJTT Overlay - 1.4) - Neon Yellow Knobs
    Midi-Fighter
    15" MacBook Pro (Quad-Core i7)
    Traktor Pro 2 w/ Audio 2 DJ
    Stephon Ikōs (www.soundcloud.com/gbushkuhl)

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    @stoner

Sure, I like the vci and i lurked around a bit and saw that new mapping for tp2 is coming which ofcourse is positive but probably no new layouts and ideas for overlay?

Feels like something big in the digital controller market will come soon.. but I hate to wait.
    yep, but meanwhile you can play !

but in any case, i have the 100 mk2, and damn, with the 2 together now i am playing like VJ

vci100 mk1 for resolume avenue
    vci100 mk2 and midi fighter for traktor