Using multiple mappings with FX

Default Using multiple mappings with FX

Hey all,

I ran into an issue last night that I hope there's a solution to. I'm using a VCI-100 Arcade + MIDI Fighter w/ Instant Gratification mapping.

The problem is that for the similar mapped controls you have to press the mapped button twice before it takes effect. For example, both mappings include controls for FX Unit X, FX Slot X. So there's a button that engages that effect on the VCI and on the MIDI Fighter. If I first engage it on the VCI, all is well, but if I then want to engage it on the MIDI Fighter, pressing it once will "enable" the effect and then pressing it again will actually trigger it with the MIDI Fighter.

This isn't just limited to FX mappings, but also affects any other controls like Play or Cue.

Could it be caused if the mappings for the controllers use different modifiers? I'm looking to see what's causing this so I can fix it myself.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Guru

This generally happens if you have an effect loaded in a slot. The work around would be to map a button to act as a toggle. When pressed it would load the vci effects, when pressed the second time it would load the MF effects.

I don't think the issue would effect play and cue, maybe check to see that both devices aren't on the same midi channel.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post
    This generally happens if you have an effect loaded in a slot. The work around would be to map a button to act as a toggle. When pressed it would load the vci effects, when pressed the second time it would load the MF effects.
    You're right. I don't have this problem when using the VCI and MF Pro mappings which I assume is because they both have "preset" buttons to load the effects and have the other buttons to trigger them, as opposed to the Instant Grat mapping which loads the effects on each button press.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D