steve angelo = arrogant mofo! - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jessevdriel View Post
    And what a motherfucker are you when you just show your back or stand in some idiotic superman pose 90 % of the time you perform.
    +1. he dosnt even look like he is having fun. FAIL
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    Not going to address the premix issue but turning your back and wandering around the booth with a crowd like that is really arrogant.
    I'm not gonna lie, I like Steve Angello's music but yeah it looks like he's just DJing at a house party with his itunes playlist or something. To the people that paid to see him I'm sure it was a bit of a let down since there wasn't too much of a performance behind it.
    Pioneer CDJ-350 (x2)
    Pioneer DJM-350
    KRK Rokit5 G2

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    +1. he dosnt even look like he is having fun. FAIL

I wouldn't either if I had to play what he had to play. Like some one else stated, I would expect something a lot more original from him DJ wise instead of playing all the "safe" tunes and not taking any risks or chances.

I mean Daft Punk FFS? Even DJ's who don't play electronic music drop that tune.

Phucking uninspiring and unoriginal at it's best. No wonder he doesn't need headphones as he only plays from the same 30 to 40 tunes 5 time a weeks

Tech Mentor

He's lazy and complacent, and he got caught. Look at his body language in that vid, he's not even mentally present in the mix. He's gotten lazy and fat, and ripe for someone new and hungry to take him down. This man isn't earning his paychecks.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    who is steve angelo?
    Hahaha my thoughts exactly when I saw this thread.

seems pretty insecure to me to invite his haters out to dj with his set and SD cards. Um they are his sd cards and cds... he should be able to dj much better with them then someone else....

It seems he lost his passion, that's a sad thing. And his response is kinda sad too, he's talking about it like he's working behind a factory line doing the same thing.

Hope he find's his passion back, everybody has better and worse days, but he looks bored.

And the way he reacts, is the reaction of a man who knows there is some truth in it.

Could be he doesn't like his own music anymore, and then it's a scary thing to step aside and leave your safe spot.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Hm, had to stop watching after 1:30...thought my eardrums might collapse due to too much crappy music....
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Guru

This is really unfortunate. However, his response is quite questionable.

when i do some festivals i have a team there that does all my pyro, fx and co2īs , + most of them have a synced "fireworks show" that is synced to the music so nothing goes wrong for the fireworks show since timing everything is extremely hard for them , so i have a medley mix i close with so they can have everything synced , most big festivals have that and its nothing new , as soon as your closing under a big finale you have that going on.. does that explain it ?
    I am no expert, but I am pretty sure matching effects with songs is not rocket science. If you think about it, it seems like his team is either A. hired a few hours before the event, or B. completely unable to figure out what songs he frequently plays and apply the necessary effects when need be. From what I saw, the "confetti" only applied to the last song (the knife party remix), and that was after he cut the music to talk on the mic. I do not see why he "needed" a prerecorded set (albeit short from the looks of the video) for his effects team to set that up.

I can understand some DJs having planned what tracks they are going to play, and if that was the case, he could of easily have given his team a tracklisting so they would know the order, but it seems as though prerecording it was rather unnecessary.

Aside from that, his overall stage behavior is rather unprofessional. Sure I understand he is a paid entertainer, but I do not like how he has an overall disinterest int he crowd (i.e. having his back frequently turned away) as well as little to no appreciation for the people working the event (like that guy in the suit that seems to be cleaning up after him at all times).

Sad.
    Last edited by GPS; 08-09-2011 at 04:59 AM.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

he probably pays someone to warp all his tracks to 128bpm then burn them off to cd. set pitch faders to zero, leave headphones at home, robert's ya mum's brother.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast