VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2 - Page 11
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmcq View Post

anyone have any ideas on how to get the old fader fx system back while keeping the other changes in the 4.0 mapping?
    i'm currently working on this. i might be able to upload a first version tonight

also, on the sample deck, i like the idea but i think it needs more work,

perhaps theres a way to keep the loop controls AND make it function as the sample deck when needed..
    when i'm done with the changes mentioned above, I wanna look into this as well.
    I'll keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Check the range in preferences
    Done that and it increases the amount of pitch changed within the small span but the fader still doesn't move the full range of the software slider.

So if I max the slider on the VCI it only moves slightly in Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by EtriX View Post
    Done that and it increases the amount of pitch changed within the small span but the fader still doesn't move the full range of the software slider.

So if I max the slider on the VCI it only moves slightly in Traktor.
    Yeah i have the same issue but tbh it doesn't really stop me changing pitch in anyway it just looks odd

Tech Wizard

Hey folks,
    here is an updated version of the mapping with the following changes:

• LEDs work as expected (check my earlier post on this)
    • reverted back to v3.6.4 FaderFX behavior. that means: FX Unit 1 for Deck A&C, FX Unit 2 for Deck B&D, selecting the presets also works the same as in v3.6.4
    • when scratch mode is deactivated the jog wheels now allow seeking through tracks instead of Jog Scratch&Tempo Bend
    • when in FaderFX mode, tapping on the jog wheels now also activates the effect when Scratch is turned off

besides that you still get the full 4.0 Traktor 2 functionality incl. sample deck control and whatnot.

also, after a lot of mucking around i came to the conclusion that the ttfx-not-engaging problem is a Traktor bug, not a mapping problem.

Have fun and enjoy! Feedback welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by klaemo View Post
    Hey folks,
    here is an updated version of the mapping with the following changes:

• LEDs work as expected (check my earlier post on this)
    • reverted back to v3.6.4 FaderFX behavior. that means: FX Unit 1 for Deck A&C, FX Unit 2 for Deck B&D, selecting the presets also works the same as in v3.6.4
    • when scratch mode is deactivated the jog wheels now allow seeking through tracks instead of Jog Scratch&Tempo Bend
    • when in FaderFX mode, tapping on the jog wheels now also activates the effect when Scratch is turned off

besides that you still get the full 4.0 Traktor 2 functionality incl. sample deck control and whatnot.

also, after a lot of mucking around i came to the conclusion that the ttfx-not-engaging problem is a Traktor bug, not a mapping problem.

Thanks alot! Gonna try it out tonight.

Great mapping! Only problem is when im in faderfx the leds showing the parameters only show for the right deck?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by brosephh View Post
    Great mapping! Only problem is when im in faderfx the leds showing the parameters only show for the right deck?
    do you mean the 4 little red LEDs on the left?
    they seem to always show the last selected preset. what about completely disabling them, since there's no way they can show the state of both FX units at the same time.

good catch, though! thanks

Thanks mate, and another thing is it me or when you turn faderfx off it turns the routing to that bank off as well, so if you want to use the effects knobs on the right you have to reroute them?

Kind regards.

Quote Originally Posted by klaemo View Post

downloading now. You're a hero. thank you very much!
    Traktor Pro 2 | Macbook Pro 15" i7 | Kontrol S4 | MidiFighter Classic | Perseverance

Coming up soon: brand new Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by sabishii View Post
    it seems that the jog wheel doesn't properly enable and disable the fx bank mapping in fader fx mode if it is/was not in scratch mode, i haven't been able to figure it out 100% but if you follow the steps below you should be able to reproduce this
    i also noticed when the jog wheel is not in scratch mode that the led turns off (it used to turn blue i think? is this intentional?)

0. already import the vsi into traktor, move your faders to default positions
    1. turn on vci
    2. boot traktor
    3. if the fx bank 1 is already enabled in any decks, disable it with the mouse
    (for the rest of the steps use the vci)
    4. load track into deck a
    5. turn off scratch mode for deck a
    6. turn on fader fx mode
    7. press fx preset 1 button twice
    8. press play
    9. touch the deck a jog wheel, fx1 does not become enabled on deck a
    10. move the deck a volume fader down, fx1 WILL become enabled on deck a
    11. move the deck a volume fader up, fx1 will become disabled on deck a
    12. press the scratch mode button for deck a
    13. touch the deck a jog wheel, fx1 WILL become enabled on deck a
    14. release the deck a jog wheel, fx1 will not become disabled for deck a
    15. touch the deck b jog wheel, fx1 will still effect deck a

sorry if this was already mentioned or if I'm missing something obvious, i didn't see any mention in the thread so far

Thanks!
    Great find! I haven't tested this but from my memory of remapping how fader fx works I believe I forgot to add in the turn fx on by touching the jog wheel only for in scratch mode. I will fix this and reupload after I have evaluated if there are any other bugs that need to be fixed.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast