So it's 3:30 am and I want to learn to do a beatjuggle routine
    Tech Guru

Default So it's 3:30 am and I want to learn to do a beatjuggle routine

Been sick for about 2 days, but feeling well enough now that pounding bass won't make me feel like I am about to die. I bought a korg nanopad this week and have mapped it so that I can drop cues, and recall cues 1-5 quickly. I have spent maybe 1 or 2 hours playing with it. My beatjuggle routines currently sound somewhere between shitty and downright horrible. I am thinking of taking the idea of someone else and emulating/dissecting Eans' routines to hopefully gain an idea of how to expand and creatively do my own. I don't expect to be able to initially do awesome routines on the fly, but maybe for now to pre-plan some routine and have em be decent. A guide on this would be sick. Where I am really going (as usual my posts are so long I should chapter them) is to ask if you guys have any tips or have vids of yourselves or other people doing beatjuggle routines, because as far as I can tell this is something very new that only controllerists can do (being that it is near impossible on vinyl). I have seen the Dj Shadow, Cut Chemist, and the other guy "Pushing buttons" routine, but I am really looking for something shorter like what Ean does. I think that this is something that as digital dj's sets us apart from vinyl and cdj, because this is something new that only we can do. Any advice is much appreciated.

Tech Mentor

Ditto.

I'd like to learn a 2 1/2 minute routine for university auditions to set myself apart from other applicants. I have a month to learn one. Any help would be appreciated.

Tech Guru

I will definitely share my findings on what seems to work/ doesn't work. I am currently thinking of a routine where I sample song a and redo it to the beat of song b, then maybe kick some fx and throw in song b, or even play a over b with fx then throw in b.

Tech Wizard

the most important thing is to have soemthing that is recognized, this can be a simple thing like a snare or a phrase. take a popular song (like eans we will rock you) which everyone knows but has a minimal beat