DDM4000 Master out noise
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DDM4000 Master out noise

Been having an issue with a high pitch hiss in my ddm4k and recording to Audacity CLEARLY makes it audible. any fix to this? or am I just screwed on that?
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Rip all the Behringer badges off the mixer and it will sound fine.

you have 950 posts on a tech tools forum and you dont know ground loops or that Behringer gear is WORLD RENOWN for being shitty and humming?? What the hell do you talk about? (troll)

Make sure everythings grounded well, make sure your laptops powercord is plugged into a different outlet than the rest of your gear that needs grounded.
    But I bet its the ddm4000.. next time you buy a mixer, buy a good one... lol not a piece of crap cause it looks like t3h c00L 4 channel with LOTS of lights brah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    Rip all the Behringer badges off the mixer and it will sound fine.
    there could be something to that if the badges are metal, could cause alot of interference especially if riveted into the faceplate.

Quote Originally Posted by Come on kids View Post
    you have 950 posts on a tech tools forum and you dont know ground loops or that Behringer gear is WORLD RENOWN for being shitty and humming?? What the hell do you talk about? (troll)

Make sure everythings grounded well, make sure your laptops powercord is plugged into a different outlet than the rest of your gear that needs grounded.
    But I bet its the ddm4000.. next time you buy a mixer, buy a good one... lol not a piece of crap cause it looks like t3h c00L 4 channel with LOTS of lights brah!!!
    I sent in a replacement request for a Xone22

Everything is grounded and my laptop is plugged into a different power strip.

It's not crackly its a hiss. >.> plugging it into my gaming PC's line in is an utter joke and crackles.

But I only need a 2 channel mixer. I'll use traktor internally when I get my cd decks for mashups/remixes/edits.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

Hm. The only hiss on mine was in the headphone output if pumped at ludicrous levels. Maybe it's blown something... how about the other outputs? If you're using the master RCAs, maybe it's fine on the XLRs? Maybe check out booth/record outputs and use one of these instead if they aren't busted.

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    Hm. The only hiss on mine was in the headphone output if pumped at ludicrous levels. Maybe it's blown something... how about the other outputs? If you're using the master RCAs, maybe it's fine on the XLRs? Maybe check out booth/record outputs and use one of these instead if they aren't busted.
    they all hiss
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

you got behringer'd.

I've had mine for a year and never had a single problem. One of my friends was playing on it when I was gone one day and complained about a high pitched hiss, I checked it out...It was the frequency from the timecoded vinyl hah

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

What soundcard are you using to record into your computer? Unless it's a pro card you will get extra noise.

Unless it's a high end mixer (in which is more subtle but still present) mixing externally adds noise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast