max record time?

Default max record time?

I want to record my upcoming gig with traktor's internal recorder.

Whats the max amount of time i can record for? (i've got a 2 hour set)

Tech Mentor

Just set your max file size in Traktor for 2048MB... which is about 4 hours I believe.

If you go over that, it will simply split the file and continue recording.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

600MB/Hour, If you need longer then record through audacity/audition etc mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

To be fair, you can still use the Traktor internal recorder for as long as you want, you just have to stitch the files back together in Audacity or equivalent afterwards ... the only real limit is hard drive space.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

true true. pain in the butt tho
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

not really, just paste the second part after the first one. It would be a pain if you are handling mp3 files

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    not really, just paste the second part after the first one. It would be a pain if you are handling mp3 files
    Yup.. this is exactly what I do every time I play... it takes a little time to convert a 6 hour set to mp3 though.. so leave yourself some time for the computer to crunch numbers.

Tech Guru

You can use the open source SOX utility to combine multiple WAV files into one if Traktor splits them.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sox/
    more info here:
    http://sox.sourceforge.net/
    Last edited by GeekGod; 08-10-2011 at 01:17 PM.