Back to controllerism, need help for TouchOSC

Default Back to controllerism, need help for TouchOSC

Hi guys,
    I recently finished my setup with 2 CDJ 350 as MIDI controllers for Traktor Pro 2, and a Traktor Kontrol X1. Everything works fine, but now i would like to use the samples.
    I have an iPad, and i can see loads of videos with TouchOSC. I tried myself to create a layout, but it seems super hard. Not even mentionning how to do the mapping..

So I would like to know if a layout + mapping for C and D Samples decks ( Push buttons like a classic sampler ) has been released..

Another question : How does controllerism with an iPad works ? Through Wi-Fi or a basic USB cable ?

Wi-Fi is nice at home, but if i play in a club or a bar, USB cable would be better...

Thanks for reading,
    dope

bump, i really need your knowledge on this one guys

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    Wi-Fi is nice at home, but if i play in a club or a bar, USB cable would be better...
    That's why you need to build an adhoc wifi connection between your devices. NEVER rely on a router, it adds extra latency and is one more thing to fail during a performance.

Newer versions of TOSC can output midi directly, so you can forget about Osculator and such.

It's not that hard to build a layout, just kinda tedious at first. Start by having a clear picture of what controls do you need and avoid cluttering. Then assign a MIDI message to each control in TOSC editor. Finally, map it to Traktor.
    Last edited by padi_04; 08-10-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Tech Guru

If you have a Jailbroken iPAD there is a way to use a wired USB connection trough camera connection kit and two midi-usb cables. I just didn't tryed to do yet.
    I'm waiting my two midi-usb come from China to Brazil :P
    deal extreme ftw!