Figured I'd share this new track with the forum community,feedback always appreciated

Default Figured I'd share this new track with the forum community,feedback always appreciated

Tech Mentor

Hey I rather liked that, and I am not usually a very big fan of "electro house" which is, I think, the genre of this track? My feedback is below.

- I like the separation of the instruments and in general think the overall mix is very successful. I am listening on macbook speakers so obviously I can't hear the low end but given the punch I am hearing out the laptop it is pretty likely that it is all there.

- It may just be the macbook speakers, but between the intricate percussion, the buzz on the bass, and the guitar loop, you may end up a bit bright around 1800kHz or so (wild ass guess). If you contrast the bit at 1:29 with the bit at 1:45, I think you can hear that it gets louder/brighter in that range when the guitar loop is in versus when the piano (?) loop melody is in. I feel like what I am describing could be resolved by ducking the high end of the buzz of the bass lead with a notch filter in that frequency area? It may just also just be that the bass (or the bass harmonics, if they are seperate instruments?) are slightly too loud? The bass lead sound is awesome, the volume of it doesn't necessarily have to overpower you...

- speaking of the bass lead and its quirky edits.. IMO these are great. better than many released tracks I have heard. I also appreciate the drum programming and that you have multiple drum patterns over the course of the track.

- the progression is good, though to me the guitar intros and outros are a bit dry/simple. I really like the first build and the breakdown/build in the middle of the track. I also like that you give some signals to potential DJs, near the end, that the track is ending soon. I think around 5 minutes is a good length, though I could imagine the track being improved by strategic removal of approximately 30 seconds?

- I feel like I could have used a little bit more of the high-speed shuffle hihats and breaks-to-straight playfulness from the intro (:20 - :30) throughout the track, perhaps with some of the modified breaks playing a bit more. It's definitely jackin' but with a LITTLE bit more of that intro drum funkiness repeated a bit after the second breakdown I feel like that section could go to the next level. As it is for me now, 3:00-3:45 is not quite as exciting as the rest of the track.

- I favorited it on Soundcloud, and downloaded it. I could see myself using this in the mix. I would be interested in remixing it if stems are available. It's fair to say that "everything turned out better than expected!" ...

- With all that relatively nice stuff said, I feel like I would be remiss if I don't say that I am not sure what to make of your DJ/Musician name. Do you think any girls are going to be into "Audio Transmitted Disease"? I mean, even if your music is pretty boss, the name is a bit "ew" for me? Keeping it real.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    Last edited by Awesomer; 08-11-2011 at 04:08 AM.
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Wow, that is quite honestly the best piece of constructive feedback I have ever recieved! Thanx a lot, this is my first post on djtechtools forum. I usually browse this site for tips and tricks and all the responses I've seen to peoples' questions have always been really professional. This particular track was down using ableton suite 8.2, probably the 4th track I've ever made with ableton....still learning the ropes. I had been an avid FL studio user for I'd say the past 5 or 6 years. Just recently got serious and made the transition to Live. Probably the best thing I have ever done. For this particular track I used a lot of compression, especially the side chained compression on the bass and the automated appregiator. The guitar sound itself sounds fine in my KRK monitors but I can see how they might sound lacking in other speakers that dont carry the same frequency response. One of the hardest things about producing is making the mix consistent among different audio playback systems....I'm going to be studying more music theory and ways of keeping the track coherent throughout...I definitely agree with incorporating the high hat shuffle to different areas of the track. I agree to a point as far as making the guitar part more intriquette...however my biggest fear in doing that tho would take the attention off the bass which of course is the center stage of the music...I'll try fiddling with it...Again I really appreciate all the constructive feedback! haha oh and as far as my name goes, Not really in it for the bitches, really doing it as a way for me to express myself creatively...I'm not a dj(although i plan to eventually) just a producer at the moment so I guess it suites that department ha