My VCI-100 is lonely
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default My VCI-100 is lonely

Hey DJTT,

Recently opened up some desk space and I'm looking for a piece of gear to compliment my VCI-100.

What do you find is your most useful gear for DJing along side of your VCI-100?

I've been looking at the AKAI MPD 24/Trigger Finger and the Akai MPK25, but considering I have no experience with Ableton (willing to learn ), I'm not really sure how useful it would be with Tpro. Perhaps money would be better spent on the KRK K10s powered sub to go with my RP5's?

Any thoughts and opinions are welcome..I am freaking addicted to this site.

Thanks!

i can tell you this...audio equipment is frequently one of the most overlooked parts of your system that can make the biggest difference and for me, a sub is important. its all personal preference but you cant go wrong adding a sub.

chur 2nd that for the sub. heck get 10, you can never have enough bass
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

unless you can think of some stuff in traktor you'd like to map to an appropriate control surface next to the vci 100 then you probably should get that sub
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

I myself have a Trigger Finger teamed up with a VCI-100 and the team up is indispensable.
    Along side I also am using a X-Sessions Pro and Berhinger UMX-25 Keyboard. Wich those don't really get to much use un-less I am in a using Fl.Studio.

I would tell you a good choice is the Trigger Finger or The AkaiMPD (AKAI more so).
    However everyone is right and a sub is a great purchase as well. That is one piece I am wishing I had.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, I think you'd be better off getting the controller than the sub. Hearing more bass doesn't actually put more bass IN your mixes, and might cause you to put too little bass in the mix, as you'll hear a lot more.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    I myself have a Trigger Finger teamed up with a VCI-100 and the team up is indispensable.
    What do you have your Trigger Finger mapped to do in Traktor?

Right now I'm leaning towards the sub. I don't think I've mastered the vci100 and traktor pro enough to make use of the MDP24. I play a lot of Dubstep and hiphop, and now that I've been thinking about the sub, I'm much more conscience to the lack of bass in my setup.

Thanks for the insight guys, extremely helpful as always.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattESSC View Post
    What do you have your Trigger Finger mapped to do in Traktor?

Right now I'm leaning towards the sub. I don't think I've mastered the vci100 and traktor pro enough to make use of the MDP24. I play a lot of Dubstep and hiphop, and now that I've been thinking about the sub, I'm much more conscience to the lack of bass in my setup.

Thanks for the insight guys, extremely helpful as always.
    Just be careful putting the subwoofer in. Set up is very particular for it to be handy and give you the insight to your sound that you need. Using subs for monitoring is very different than subs for listening.

Regardless, back to the topic, I have used PadKontrols and a MIDIFighter with my VCI-100 to control cue points, loops, beat juggling, anything extra that my VCI can't easily and logically control.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Stantons Dascratch makes a pretty awesome compliment to the VCI-100 im actually currently working on a review and a video so i wont say any more than that for the moment !!

Complimenting with a trigger finger or some other device with alot of buttons on i have found to be really helpfull too - i use my arcade button controller midifidler made a hell of alot while mixing. Now i have one i wouldnt know what id do without it !

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Stantons Dascratch makes a pretty awesome compliment to the VCI-100 im actually currently working on a review and a video so i wont say any more than that for the moment !!
    From the clips I've seen, Dascratch looks like the way to go. I really like the tactile feel of big buttons, but Dascratch looks like a blast to use for effects, juggling or a 3rd deck control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast