Parsing and displaying Traktor history files
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Parsing and displaying Traktor history files

Me and my son were looking at the history .nml files that Traktor saves. Are there any interesting re-use of this information in case there was a browser that scanned this information and saved it into a database for further manipulations and export formats? Let us know as it would be a fun SW project do to.

they're just xml but not sure what you'd want the info for. you could extract the gain info and cuepoints i guess. just not sure what use they would be?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I'm looking more at the use of the history info about tracks played and stuff like that, any re-use of this information?

ah true - u mean the <NODE TYPE="PLAYLIST" NAME="HISTORY"> entry then. might be handy to dump that info some format so u can see what you mixed with what etc.

could then query the data for what tracks you had previous played after a certain track and how many times etc...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Thanks, good info. What about showing all the tracks played, play a of the song with an internal audio player and make a new nml playlist from selected earlier played tracks?

could do i guess - the audoid's are kind of munged but not needed for the playlist elements.

i'd be interested to see what tunes i tend to play before and after a chosen track.

would only need 2 tables for that, one for id,name and one that links 2 track id's together.

easily done in C+sqlite if a desktop app or probably php+mysql if web based.

i've been experimenting with lua as a small+lightweight embedded scripting language in C++ recently and has bindings for an xml parser and sqlite - would be simpler than coding in raw C etc probably.

Yes Lua is nice if few use it, I think Adobe's Lightroom is the only commercial app I know of.

Anyway, this would be in Cocoa/Foundation/Objective-C as the idea is to make a common Mac/iPad app.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Yes Lua is nice if few use it, I think Adobe's Lightroom is the only commercial app I know of
    World of Warcraft...

Anyway, this would be in Cocoa/Foundation/Objective-C as the idea is to make a common Mac/iPad app.
    funny... as today i'm hoping to release a version of my midimasher app here that is for pc only (but only as i dont have a mac to compile/test on)

i know nothing about those technologies but if starting from scratch you should at least try to make it mac and pc friendly if its something you'd want to release.

i'm hoping i could use a vbox and run osx that way or something for my app. if not it will remain pc only i guess - a shame as in theory it should compile and run under either.

edit: i didnt even know about lua until a few months ago but its quite amazing...

Oh yes I forgot WoW. I know cross-platform is important but I'm not that interested in the Windows platform myself just now. The Mac/iPad market is nice and enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Oh yes I forgot WoW. I know cross-platform is important but I'm not that interested in the Windows platform myself just now. The Mac/iPad market is nice and enough.
    sure - which is fine if it's just an app for you - but would be much better if u considered windows too if you wanted to release the app to the traktor community etc. not sure what % are on mac but it must be less than half as a guess?

there again the xtreme mapping app is mac only but i suspect thats more due to how they have to decode the tsi's - tho i could be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast