Repair or sell damaged????
    Tech Wizard

Default Repair or sell damaged????

so i have a vci 300, some careless movers damaged it. The top plate has a crack in it and a rotary encoder for the through volume is damaged, vestax have said £60 plus postage to repair it. I`m unsure if it is worth doing this seeing as all i want to sell it for is the price of a kontrol X1. the question is what would you guys do get it repaired and sell it or go as a sold as seen????????
    TSP2 | MBP 13" | Fostex PM-05mk2 | Livid Block | Kontrol X1 | Arduinome 64 | Midi-Fighter | CME UF60 | phenom 1090t 4ghz desktop |

ill get it fixed. heck im looking for a VCI-300
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

you based in the UK JesC ? I`ll take some pics of the damage for you later if you are up for it ?
    TSP2 | MBP 13" | Fostex PM-05mk2 | Livid Block | Kontrol X1 | Arduinome 64 | Midi-Fighter | CME UF60 | phenom 1090t 4ghz desktop |

He's in Cali mate. I'd get it repaired, working second hand 300s can fetch good prices what with being ITCH certified etc.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Sell it damaged - I'd buy it off you depending on the price you're looking for.

Tech Wizard

id sell for the cost of an x1 plus postage ? £170, i`ve been using it with flashflooders mapping in Traktor and everything on it functions fine. will take pics of the damaged rotary and the crack in the top when i get home, where abouts you based nickel ?

Tech Wizard

Cheers for the advice and interest guys. Think im gonna send it off for repair, more likely to be able to afford an X1 that way. Expect to see it in the buy/sell forum shortly.