Talk me through this - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wanted to get a DJM-800 as well but I couldn't find any that were decently cheap online. I called my local Guitar Centers and they only had used ones with the eq knobs and fader knobs missing and at over $10 a pop for each one, I said screw that. But if you look on Amazon.com, they have DJM-900s up there for a little under $1700. I say go for that if you want to get one, as that is what I am going to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

again,

I dont believe I can order off amazon.com

At some point in the check out process it sends me too amazon.ca which doen't have as large of a selection of items.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Having all your songs on usb drives is fine and dandy, untill you turn upto a club with 1000mk3's (or worse) and you havent updated your cd folder in 6 months, then your kinda screwed yes ?
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Having all your songs on usb drives is fine and dandy, untill you turn upto a club with 1000mk3's (or worse) and you havent updated your cd folder in 6 months, then your kinda screwed yes ?
    ...That's like the same thing as saying "you're screwed if you show up to a club with CDs but they only have 1200s." If you show up with just a usb stick to play at a club without ever having been there or knowing what gear they have, you've got bigger problems to worry about. If you get booked to play somewhere with the older models, you should have enough prep time to have your CD book ready.

I find it easier to pay something off over time. Dropping a large bill on a single item can be paralyzing in other areas.
    Kinda OT regarding the gear choice but for some financial advice, you really should not be buying toys if such a purchase is going to impact anything else in your life. If $2000 out of your bank account right now would make you nervous in any way at all, you shouldn't even be looking at a DJM900.

There's honestly nothing wrong with what you have right now. You don't need 4 channels, you don't need an audio interface, and effects aren't really that important in playing a good set. Also, once you've got a decent book established, adding to your CDs isn't too stressful, as it should only be a couple discs a month at most. Don't bother cycling through a bunch of stuff you don't really want and losing a bunch of money reselling. Enjoy what you've got until you've reached the limits of its capabilities and until you can confidently and comfortably buy what you really do want.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    Kinda OT regarding the gear choice but for some financial advice, you really should not be buying toys if such a purchase is going to impact anything else in your life. If $2000 out of your bank account right now would make you nervous in any way at all, you shouldn't even be looking at a DJM900.

There's honestly nothing wrong with what you have right now. You don't need 4 channels, you don't need an audio interface, and effects aren't really that important in playing a good set. Also, once you've got a decent book established, adding to your CDs isn't too stressful, as it should only be a couple discs a month at most. Don't bother cycling through a bunch of stuff you don't really want and losing a bunch of money reselling. Enjoy what you've got until you've reached the limits of its capabilities and until you can confidently and comfortably buy what you really do want.
    Best advice so far!! Don't spend money you don't have on something you may or may not like. Nothing wrong with what you've got. Already a simplistic setup and perfectly capable of doing what you are looking for.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12