DJExpo 2011, Exhibit Hall, Vendor Review

Default DJExpo 2011, Exhibit Hall, Vendor Review

This week in Atlantic City was the DJ Times Magazine, DJ Expo 2011. The exhibit hall was where all the vendors had setup to demo stuff and answer questions. Wanted to drop a 'one persons perspective', general review.

THE HALL:
    Loud, speaker vendors competing for volume, too many guest djs demoing products, wish i had earplugs.

PIONEER:
    Largest with at least 16 work stations demoing their entire product line, lots of staff mostly talking to each other, couldn't get a word in. People who had never seen a dj product with a bewildered look of "you mean MUSIC comes out of these cables?!?!?!?" got all of their attention.

NUMARK:
    Almost as big as Pioneer's space, wanted to try an NS6, but they were really busy, the guy with the mustache in their other expo floor videos was there, he was cool i guess. He gave me his card but i lost it.

DENON:
    Medium size, open space, lots of workstations, they did answer questions when you had one, rep was ready to answer a question and even more ready show me a vendor behind us that could sell and ship a product immediately. I bought a SC-2000 after trying it and deleting the line in the .tsi for top touch plater.

NOVATION:
    Small booth, Lil Jon stopped by and used the Dicers (rep showed off pics). Coolest of the reps, just hung by the product and offered to help. the Twitch is BAD-ASS, will get one next if possible, rep said, "let me know how it works in your club when you get it"

STANTON:
    Medium Booth, Guys were really behind this long table and I couldn't hear them. The SCS.1 is a lot bigger than I thought, the SCS.4 seemed too basic imo.

VIRTUAL DJ:
    Medium Booth, seems they always had a guest DJ spinning, didn't really go in, didn't need to demo anything.

RANE:
    Same as above, didn't need to demo anything, (the config of their booth were tables in a square, so I couldn't really figure out how to get at the product)

BEAMZ:
    The laser thing that can send a midi note with the wave of your hand. Never a wrong time to trigger a 'triple air horn' sample. Never.

had a good time.

Default pics

here are some pics to go with it all

Tech Wizard

im so jealous. I live 20 minutes away and completely missed it -_-

looks like a mirror of last year. no major products release this year. Did you see the Mixvibes/DJtech/Marathon booth?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I didn't see the DJTech booth, I would have liked to try their stuff out. With the mobs of people and the layout of the booths, it was easy to miss stuff other than pioneer pretty much. There was a bar at the far and and a big stage that i never saw anyone use, though i coulda used a drink.
    @synec - to rub it in even more, there was a code from PromoOnly that would have made the exhibit hall free (minus seminars and parties upstairs) and parking at the Taj was only $5. But the hall was only open 12p-6p Tues, Wed, and 12p-3p Thurs

I had a fun time. There wasn't much new, as said above, and I think they could have had more performances at the main stage in the arena. They only had a few a day. And they were very short.

Was that Lil Jon at the Expo?

the novation guy had a picture of Lil Jon on the turntables and dicers in his booth, he must have been there on tues afternoon.

Haha then I definitely saw him, he was playing with that touchscreen projection interface