M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Default M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Hi All,

Will the above soundcard still only allow me to mix internally ?

It only has 4 mono outs meaning 2 pairs. This means one pair for master and one for Monitoring .. is that right ??

I would really like to get one that would allow me to mix externally as with only just starting out (digitally) and having quite a bit of kit (analogue stuff, decent mixer, technics etc ...) I dont want to get a soundcard that doesnt allow me to mix externally and then end up wanting to, meaning more money wasted.

Any suggestions ... I guess i need 4 pairs of outputs to future proof myself.

Its all for bedroom mixing, no gigs so it doesnt have to be massivly robust, just low latency firewire if poss.

Any suggestions ?

I dont even thing the firebox gives 4 pairs of outs does it?

If you have 2 sets of outputs you can route Deck A to Output 1/2 & Deck B to Output 3/4 on external mode and hook up your headphones to the external mixer.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

ahh so that would give me 2 channel external mixing .... possibility

Just re-read about the Firebox and that states 6 inputs or 10 outputs ! Hows that work as i can only see 8 plugs in total on the back of it ?

there are the digital outs and i think they also count the headphone outs in front.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Student

I am having an issue using the headphone jack for cueing or pre-listening as it's called now. Can anyone assist?

MacBook Pro (early 2008)
    Traktor Pro
    M-Audio Fast Track Pro Sound Card
    2 SCS.3d decks
    M-Audio X-Session Pro