[n00bie alert] Beat matching training w/ midi controller - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by riotto View Post
    Dont mean to hijack at all, but I've found with beat matching by ear ( although im not great at it ) I can usually get relatively close to the actual BPM im trying to match but not exact.

For example if Track A is 133.53 BPM I might get track B to about 133.45 or 133.51 for example. Not exact but pretty close. I guess my question is how close is close enough?
    depends on how long you want to be in the mix for. if they start to go out it only takes a slight nudge to get them back in sync if they're that close already.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Find the cue point (downbeat), press play in beat and listen, when you will hear that beats starts missing each other, pitch bend it so tracks 'll be in sync, if during that you pitch bend it forward, then increase pitch slider forward, if pitch bend backward - pitch slider backward, so in 3-4 procedures you will sync tracks.

PS : try hiding BPM and phase meter in Traktor

PSS : sorry for my bad English

try mixing in your headphones if possible. I think its much clearer to hear a problem when its in your headphones. You can hear a beat coming off much quicker in my opinion. I usually push or pull a little on the decks to keep it in sync, then pitch bend. If its too slow push the wheel to speed it up and pitch bend it up. Do the reverse to slow it down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12