Mp3 Gain db settings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mp3 Gain db settings

I am setting mine to 96db and have autogain and limiter disabled in traktor but am finding that a lot of tracks are still in the red and a vast difference between a lot of tracks sound levels.

I have tried with auto gain enabled but still not satisfied with the results and am using my gain knobs more so than not to get my levels correct.

So my Question is.
    Who uses mp3 gain, what db level is your gain set to (incl traktor settings) and are you happy with the results?
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

You need to analyze the tracks fiirst and use "Track Gain" not "Album Gain" (I assume you know this just in case tho)
    I believe Ean recommends 96db, i use 94db. I then manually adjust the autogain settings (only use it for recording tho).
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    You need to analyze the tracks fiirst and use "Track Gain" not "Album Gain" (I assume you know this just in case tho)).
    check all of the above

I believe Ean recommends 96db,).
    Thats why i have mine set @ 96db following his article.

i use 94db. I then manually adjust the autogain settings (only use it for recording tho).
    can you please elaborate any more on this last part? ( Is there a setting in traktors auto gain that can be adjusted, or are you meaning adjust with gain knobs?)

I analyse all my tracks
    Last edited by Zaniac; 08-14-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

I trust traktor's autogain about as far as i can throw a baby lol. When i'm putting a mix together i will tweak the settings before i do the recording run. When we play live i dont use the autogain feature, i'm on the mixer so just ride the trims where needed.
    You can set your own autogain adjustment in the track edit window.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Thanks for the reply

I may try and re-analyse my tracks at a lower db and play around from there so my adjustments arn't so vast

Im with you on traktors autogain. last time I threw a baby wasn't the best of outcomes :eek:

Whatever works for you mate, this is just my way of doing it.

more than I expected. thanks again (pun intended )

i wasn't happy with mp3gain and/or autogain. when i started using platinum notes for this i basicly never had to use the gain knobs again. like a handfull of tunes in my crate don't sound quite like the rest which can be fixed quickly with the eqs.

I'd love a feature in traktor like an eq-preset thats saved on each track that sets them while loading a new track.
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Quote Originally Posted by Duttylectric View Post
    when i started using platinum notes for this i basicly never had to use the gain knobs again.
    This may be an option. as I run all my tracks through both mp3 gain & mixed in key. 90% of my tracks are adjusted in some way on mp3 gain. but i have noticed that Mixed in key will only give me an option to improve say 40% of tracks & I believe platinum notes is the programme it suggests?

This is a big difference, however I dont know if its of much relevence.

for now i am going to reanalyse all my tracks in mp3gain @ 94db instead of my current 96db. As last night whilst playing around I noticed that i manually have to nudge my most my tracks down -2.0db.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast