New 32 minute Liquid DnB Mix

Cool New 32 minute Liquid DnB Mix

NO fancy stuff going on here, just some basic mixes here's a track list:

London Elektricity - Flesh Music (Hospital)
    Fluxem - Mojito (Point Audio)
    Quantrek - Love Affair (He : Digital)
    Micken - Sublime Night (Bassdrive Tunes)
    Limit - September (Respect Records)
    Pulsaar - Summer Tales (Liquid Drumz)
    Komatic - Now She's Free (Bassdrive Tunes)
    Broken Eye - My World (Respect Records) - Unimportant Side Note - I fucking LOVE this track
    Savage Rehab - Bringin You Back (Drum and Bass Arena)
    ATP - Shibuya Nights (Bassdrive Tunes)
    Blu Mar Ten - Five Summers (Blu Mar Ten)

Thanks for Listening and please comment if you like/hate it...

Mike
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix yesterday while preparing to go out. Here's my feedback.

- Thanks for the tracklist and download link! Very helpful for potential listeners!

- I'm not an expert in "Liquid DNB" but I liked your track selection more than other mixes of "Liqud" I have heard. Is this the music that atmospheric DNB turned into? I feel like maybe some of your tracks were a bit "older" and that you had a nice mixture of "old and new" but that may just be my perception?

- I think some of the volume levels were a little bit off, in particular on some of your more "drop" style mixes.

- Despite the mix being relatively short, I felt like there was a lot of progression and a reasonable overall structure.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Awesomer,

Thanks for listening, I'm glad that you liked the mix...As far as the style of the mix, I think that most of the stuff that is classified as "liquid" these days really isn't much like the liquid of old (circa 2003 ish, think older DJ Marky mixes or older Hospital records) though this mix really wasn't a straight liquid mix really...Not for certain (because I really just buy tracks that I like, I'm not concerned with how new songs are) on the age of the complete tracklist, but I'd guess that the oldest song on there is probably from 2009 but most of it is pretty recent (within the last year or so) I'm trying to learn to be more consistent with my volume, but it is really hard when I don't mix with my headphones, are there any ways to practice that specifically? other than that thanks again for listening
    Mike

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

I feel your pain mike. Getting consistent levels is a bitch.

Do you use traktors autogain feature? Im still using it at the moment but I think im gonna turn it off. Some tunes that look big in waveform tend to not quite have the impact the look appear to have.

How I try to keep my levels consistent is to look at the levels meters of the playing track and see where its peaking on the main phrase. Now try that with the cued track with all EQ's at 0. Adjust gain on the incoming so the levels meters are the same. Now cue up the song and mix it in.

Im liking the look of the tracklist, a few personal faves in there. Komatic and technicolour have been banging out the liquid gold recently, as has BluMarTen.

Will get on the DL and give it a listen
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Sounds like someone's been practicing!

half time bpm at 10:30, nice touch. Blended back in well too!

sick tune at 12:00. Fucking nice effects layering too. Are you using gater and beatmasher there or is the stutter part of the track? Lovely mix regardless. Defo need that track as part of my own collection.

I thought maybe too much beatmasher on five summers.

Overall energy flow was really nice, a few peaks and troughs really took me on a journey. Good key matching on the whole, a couple of bits that werent perfect but im not one to gripe about such petty things. we all get it.
    Layering and EQ were spot on. Proper nice liquid mix man, great work
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Flash, the tune at 12:00 is Limit - September. It's a very nice tune, and one of the gems in my collection. as far as the stutter within the track, there's a lot of fancy drum programming (where did all that go in DnB by the way?) and a little delay, but really that was me just playing with the beatmasher and the gater. Again a complete dry run, no planning or pre programming, just me getting on the controls. I did overdo it on five summers, I have to learn to not mess with the effects so much... Thanks for listening again flash

downloading. will jam this on my way to work tmrw, liking that tracklist.