traktor with serato?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default traktor with serato?

hey guys, im sure this question ma have been posted here, but i did a search first and the results were all over the map.

so here is my question.

i just traded in my korg zero 8 for a vci 100 xone 32 and an audio 8 dj for more mobility when i play smaller clubs while still having the option to use my decks when the space is there.

the thing is, my audio 8 dj is on back order and i have a gig coming up on saturday.

the resident dj uses serato and i was just wondering if i brought my vci 100, will his serato box will still function as a sound card for traktor?

i apologize if this question is redundant or if it has been asked a million times im just freaking out because i highly doubt i will be seeing my audio 8 by saturday
    dj booth: macbook pro 15"/audio 8 dj/xone 32/vestax vci 100/vestax cdj05/2x stanton t-80/traktor
    production desk: iMac 20"/Yamaha HS80M/digi 002/focusrite octopre/m audio axiom 49/reason/ableton live

DJ TANNER-foul house mixtape

it will not work as a soundcard for traktor on a mac as there are no core drivers for the sl1 to the best of my knowledge. if you were using a pc then you could as there are asio drivers released for the sl1.

good luck hope it all works out.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

oh man... this is horrible news.
    i may have an mbox i can borrow from a friend. thats probably my best bet till then?

god i hate ordering in gear. furthermore, i hate music stores
    dj booth: macbook pro 15"/audio 8 dj/xone 32/vestax vci 100/vestax cdj05/2x stanton t-80/traktor
    production desk: iMac 20"/Yamaha HS80M/digi 002/focusrite octopre/m audio axiom 49/reason/ableton live

well this doesn't make it any better but i found this to confirm the serato box wont work for traktor on a mac: http://www.serato.com/faq/scratchlive#1365

Core audio support for the SL 1 was initially planned for development. Unfortunately due to a hardware limitation in the SL 1 it is not possible to provide core audio drivers for the unit.
    Did this answer your question?
    i don't know anything about soundcard you are talking about but if it has the number of outputs you need and has core drivers and there are no other soundcard options to even consider then yes i would for sure borrow it and borrow it asap so you can get it setup and have enough time to test it and test it again.

well, i just realized that the m box only has 2 outputs with the headphone outs being mirrored....
    so there goes any chance i have of cueing...... im screwed...

Quote Originally Posted by djtanner View Post
    well, i just realized that the m box only has 2 outputs with the headphone outs being mirrored....
    so there goes any chance i have of cueing...... im screwed...
    You could still cue on the clubs mixer.

id be mixing internally though with my vci 100?

technically the mbox is 1 stereo output, and they are 1/4"
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ebay/mbox4.jpg

would that mean i have to run my main out as mono into channel a of the clubs mixer, then set the monitor out as mono aswel into chanel b, and just have cue chanel b on the club mixer?

this is what ive been doing for the time being with a 1/8" to rca. its a real pain in the ass. id rather just make things easier?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

are there any in stores surrounding you? Sometimes they can have better services of "We'll have it tomorrow"
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by djtanner View Post
    would that mean i have to run my main out as mono into channel a of the clubs mixer, then set the monitor out as mono aswel into chanel b, and just have cue chanel b on the club mixer?
    Thats right, most of the time clubs systems run in Mono anyway so no one is going to notice the difference.

Just buy some soundcard on Friday. Configure it Saturday. Play Saturday night. Return it Sunday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast