Setting up traktor library
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Setting up traktor library

I'm trying to reconfigure my library since it recently got cleared out...

Im just wanting to know everyones opinions on how they import/transfer music.

So far this is my situation...I have a desktop for production and buyin/downloading music.

I put that music on an external hard drive...lets say by month, then put it onto my laptop.

I store my music in windows music folders on both computers.

But do you guys place all your music in the traktor predetermined folder or do you set up the import options on your computer.

Will one of these options make a faster startup time?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I use iTunes and have it inport new stuff and check consistency on start up. It usually takes it a few minutes to finish both. As far as folders go, I only have it check iTunes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I have my library saved on my laptop and desktop so the process is as follows...

Download music from internet to USB flash which is broken up into year>month>genre(House/Electro/Top40)

Backup from flashdrive to desktop drive
    Copy onto laptop computer, add into traktor

I always check consistency on startup.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Synec View Post
    I have my library saved on my laptop and desktop so the process is as follows...

Download music from internet to USB flash which is broken up into year>month>genre(House/Electro/Top40)

Backup from flashdrive to desktop drive
    Copy onto laptop computer, add into traktor

I always check consistency on startup.

Can you give me your pathway for adding into traktor?

Like you copy paste into the default root directory?

create shortcuts and then divide into more shortcuts? drag and drop?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I drag & drop from my library, and if I am going anywhere else I make a playlsit in traktor and export the songs with it.

Might sound like a bit of a slow way to do it but I have far too much music to add it all to traktor (not to mention some of it is already mixed cds)

Tech Wizard

I have playlists created that correspond to the folders I outlined earlier. I then copy onto the laptop harddrive. Then I open up traktor, and drag into the traktor window onto the playlist and it registers the location. Kinda tedious but its working better so far since revamping my whole collection

Tech Guru

Apparently I'm overhtinking this organization then....I don't think i've ever dragged and dropped a song haha, but I was trying to figure out why it would check all my import folers on startup.

Gonna try the methods mentioned. With the drag and drop from a flashdrive you obviuosly bring that music onto the harddrive first for a root file correct?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Apparently I'm overhtinking this organization then....I don't think i've ever dragged and dropped a song haha, but I was trying to figure out why it would check all my import folers on startup.

Gonna try the methods mentioned. With the drag and drop from a flashdrive you obviuosly bring that music onto the harddrive first for a root file correct?
    Correct. Drag from flash drive onto laptop HD. Eject USB Stick. Drag from HD into the traktor window and into the desired playlist. It will import/analyze etc (depending on your settings). Good luck!

i have a my music and a my music 2. my music contains all of my songs including dj songs for itunes. my music 2 just contains dj songs for traktor. so i open it with traktor and add whatever i want out of my music 2
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast