Some after college advice for the music enthusiast
    Tech Wizard

Default Some after college advice for the music enthusiast

Hello DJTT!

I'm currently finishing up my senior year at Sonoma State university, located near San Francisco, California. I will be attaining my undergraduate in business with a concentration in marketing.

Unfortunately, when I found my passion for music production and sound design, I was in halfway through year 3 in my business program and rather than switching schools, I decided to stick it out and get my degree.

So in May I will have a bachelors degree and will be just as lost when I first entered college.

My idea is to go to a nice school to attain both a masters degree in business as well as a sound engineering degree.

Does anybody know of a school that can offer this? If not, does anybody know of a great sound engineering school near the bay area or in Southern California?

I liked the idea of going to USC but I couldn't find a sound engineering degree offered. The only program that interested me was music industry.

Thanks in adavance for all your help!
    -Spyro or Spiro....haven't decided

Quote Originally Posted by wattersb View Post
    Hello DJTT!

I'm currently finishing up my senior year at Sonoma State university, located near San Francisco, California. I will be attaining my undergraduate in business with a concentration in marketing.

Unfortunately, when I found my passion for music production and sound design, I was in halfway through year 3 in my business program and rather than switching schools, I decided to stick it out and get my degree.

So in May I will have a bachelors degree and will be just as lost when I first entered college.

My idea is to go to a nice school to attain both a masters degree in business as well as a sound engineering degree.

Does anybody know of a school that can offer this? If not, does anybody know of a great sound engineering school near the bay area or in Southern California?

I liked the idea of going to USC but I couldn't find a sound engineering degree offered. The only program that interested me was music industry.

Thanks in adavance for all your help!
    -Spyro or Spiro....haven't decided
    SAE or Expressions ins Emeryville or SF if SAE ask for Pedro A. hes a professor and will take ya on a tour.

Hey I go to CMA not to far from Sonoma any weekend your down to jam or need another DJ hit me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

afford yourself the oppurtunity to do what you love...

really...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal