How to promote your soundcloud
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default How to promote your soundcloud

So I found this site that connects to your soundcloud. Basically its an easy way to get promotions. You comment on other peoples tracks and they comment on yours. Its pretty cheap and unproffesional if you ask me, but that doesnt mean its not promotion. Thoughts? www.cloudkillers.com/register.php?aff=2635

Hmm, Soundcloud is now big enough to be on the radar screen for marketing sharks.

Banned

Hi there!

Good question. Everyone wants to know how to promote themselves on the web. I highly recommend this blog post to see how to integrate soundcloud with other webplatforms:
    http://dottedmusic.com/2010/resources...

I recommend banning members who's names start with X and end with iami.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

you promote your soundcloud by telling people about it. WTF is wrong with people? Make a mix, upload it to soundcloud, tell your friends, have them tell their friends, have those friends tell their friends.

When you perform, tell people to check out your soundcloud or your website. When you meet people, if the conversations works its way over to musical tastes, and they happen to share yours, tell them you have a soundcloud.

Why is this so difficult?

^ works for us
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yep. Fake references are fake references, can't go around those.

At first it really sounded like a silly idea to me, too. It doesn't seem to be the way that Soundcloud is supposed to work like. It just doesn't feel right.

But then I noticed that this might make me less Soundcloud-lazy
    I always long for a lot of feedback on Soundcloud but I am usually too lazy to give some to other users myself. A lot of people are like this probably, so Cloudkillers can definately increase the social interaction on Soundcloud.

Also, it's a nice way to randomly discover new music

Quote Originally Posted by K.T.I.T. View Post
    At first it really sounded like a silly idea to me, too. It doesn't seem to be the way that Soundcloud is supposed to work like. It just doesn't feel right.

I always long for a lot of feedback on Soundcloud but I am usually too lazy to give some to other users myself. A lot of people are like this probably, so Cloudkillers can definately increase the social interaction on Soundcloud.

Sure, but search works really well at the Soundcloud web site or with the Soundcloud app.

Quote Originally Posted by K.T.I.T. View Post

It's always good to comment other peoples soundcloud profiles if you like there stuff but I think for most (I stress most) people it is better to build a local following rather than a global one. Most of us won't be global touring DJ's. Once you get good enough where you are going to be one, you've probably been in the industry long enough where you can promote yourself in better ways than commenting peoples soundclouds. Just sayin.

For feedback I suppose it could be useful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast