iPad 1-shot sampler for dj sets
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default iPad 1-shot sampler for dj sets

I'm looking for an iPad sampler to integrate with a CDJ setup to fire off 1-shot samples during my DJ sets. Bare-minimum requirements are iPad-only (no laptop controllers) and the ability to load my own samples. Being able to have multiple banks of samples would be a nice-to-have.

Anyone have a favorite? Perhaps there's an MPC-style drum pad interface in your favorite iOS production suite that might do the trick?

Tech Guru

best bet would be to google Ipad music apps
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    best bet would be to google Ipad music apps
    I've been down the google road. Too much noise and marketing/wares sites to find any actual info. I think my best bet is to ask here, where there are DJs that like to use new tech and talk about it.

Tech Mentor

I don't know if this is what your looking for but check out touchable if you've got ableton and use your ipad to trigger ableton?
    Production - 24" iMac. Digidesign 003+ Rack. Genelec 8020A Monitors. UA 710 Twin Finity Preamp. Many Microphones.
    DJ - 15" MBP. Traktor Pro 2. Audio DJ 2. Kontrol X1. Maschine. MidiFighter Pro. AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
    Website Soundcloud Email

Tech Wizard

touchosc?

Tech Guru

Ive used samplers on ipad before but its merely been with premade crap, touch osc and traktor would be best bet then use traktor samplers, thats what I used to do till the nanokontrol 2
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Student

Things like Touchable, TouchOSC and Griid are awesome, but I'm looking for something that can run solely on my iPad without a laptop.

I'm thinking the solution will be found in one of the many all-in-one production environments for iOS, but I'd like to avoid buying several of these relatively expensive apps to find the right sampler interface/functionality.

Tech Mentor

Ooh electrify i think its called is good for one shots if you set it up properly, i started to dabble with it, then decided on touchable with ableton.
    Production - 24" iMac. Digidesign 003+ Rack. Genelec 8020A Monitors. UA 710 Twin Finity Preamp. Many Microphones.
    DJ - 15" MBP. Traktor Pro 2. Audio DJ 2. Kontrol X1. Maschine. MidiFighter Pro. AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
    Website Soundcloud Email

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try FL Studio or Beatmaker. They'll both run on their own and I think you can load you're own samples into them.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Beatmaker looks like it might be just the thing! The first minute of this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnF6P20WDqI, show it doing exactly what I need for my DJ sets.

I just want a simple way to fire off vocal samples and sfx, perhaps run through my kaoss pad for some extra suace.

I'll take a look at FL Studio as well....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast