Ron Paul vs. Obama
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Ron Paul vs. Obama

So, Ron Paul nearly won the Ames straw poll. Seems like his libertarian views play very well with tea party members. If it wasn't for his (dangerous) isolationist foreign policy, he'd probably be the front runner by a lot. He's consistent, has a proven record, and can't be bought out. Anyone think he has a chance? Maybe a VP spot? I honestly hope he at least gets to head up some federal agency, maybe secretary of state.

Yeah a lot of people seem to connect with him. In 2008 he was the only candidate who made any sense at all when talking about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. However when he opens his mouth about almost anything else -- taxes, abortion, creationism, immigration -- he's as loony as Michele Bachmann.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

i like Paul Ryan alot hes a congressman from Wisconsin
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Tech Guru

All I want is someone who can agree that a corporation is not a person and therefore strip them of this insanity we put ourselves in.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...--the-top-tier

And I really think it's Ron Paul Vs. Perry. Perry's going to have a tough time overcoming that whole redneck cowboy image that gets him elected in Texas.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    So, Ron Paul nearly won the Ames straw poll. Seems like his libertarian views play very well with tea party members. If it wasn't for his (dangerous) isolationist foreign policy, he'd probably be the front runner by a lot. He's consistent, has a proven record, and can't be bought out. Anyone think he has a chance? Maybe a VP spot? I honestly hope he at least gets to head up some federal agency, maybe secretary of state.
    too many ifs...come correct...please...
    Last edited by keithace; 08-17-2011 at 09:12 PM.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

The last straw poll Bachman beat him by a few hundred votes. However she bribed 4000 people with music concert tickets to get that support. And wow gotta love the unbiased reporting over there ... They mention Bachman winning, fair enough, skipped 2nd place and mentioned third.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vRuy0m7IjA

He is retiring post elections win lose or draw.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

there is absolutely no basis historical basis to think that the ames straw poll has any influence whatsoever on the republican nomination. the winner of the ames straw poll has won the republican nomination.......

wait for it.......

once...

its a paid event. ron paul took second because he paid to lease the middle area. bachman won because she bought all her own tickets and gave them away to attendees.

even the ohio republican party, in their own documents admit the straw poll was nothing more than a fundraiser for the ohio republican party.

but to ground this discussion in reality. the winner of the ames poll has always, and continues to mean absolutely nothing to republicans and who will win the republican nomination.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    All I want is someone who can agree that a corporation is not a person and therefore strip them of this insanity we put ourselves in.
    thats a good start, but it wont mean anything unless we figure out a way to repeal citizen's united.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    Follow the logic here for a second. Corporations are people. If you tax a corporation, who actually pays that tax? It comes out of the company bank account, and the company has to either raise prices or cut dividends to investors to compensate. The price raise means that the corporate tax is actually a tax on consumers. (individual people) If increased taxes result in lower profits, individual investors receive a lower return on investment. There is no such thing as a tax on a corporation, at the end of the day, it's a tax on individuals. Businesses are either a person, or group of people.

Your turn, explain how a corporation is not a person.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast