How did you come up with your DJ Name? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

when i was born my name was supposed to be Ranzerox Sebastian. but it wasnt normal enough for my father to handle so i was named christian. but ever since knowing that story i used Ranzer or ranzerox as my screen name for everything so naturally i ported it over as my dj name
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Tech Mentor

Mine came from ... well, a strong preference for citrus fruit, and Sprite :-)

Honestly, though, it won because it is easy for people to say out loud, and it has the added bonus that is the fad of having numbers for letters (I see too many 3OH3! t-shirts at my local mall...)

I think I had it down to like 5 names and my wife chose the one that was ... the least retarded?

In marketing, you can brand any name to your style of music - so the real important things are how they LOOK IN WRITING, how they SOUND, and if they're memorable. (The memorable part of mine comes from the tag line)

[edit] "Always Refreshing" (thought djtt forum had taglines under usernames...lol) [/edit]

But I'm really a classical composer =D
    Last edited by LmnLm3; 08-20-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Tech Guru

so what does lemon lem 3 mean?

Probably Lemon lime. :P

But Micah, I would just go for your name: Micah Cruver. Maybe build that into Micah Cruyer.

I used to go under the name tekki, which was based one of the katas I loved most with karate and the fact that I loved things techy.
    Until a certain point I found that there also was a new d&b dj based in the UK, who was also calling himself tekki, next to a another guy calling himself teki latex who was releasing tracks like mad.

Nowadays I settle for the name Leslie Jones, which is my first name with the second name of my daughter. (Who is called Riley Jones, Jones not even being her last name)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    But Micah, I would just go for your name: Micah Cruver.
    Agreed - sounds like a dj name to me.
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

Mine was just a nickname from steven, at work years ago developed to steffan then stiffan to stiffler to stiffy so mr stifffy kinda stuck after a rushing an application form on a site the three f's stuck... People think stifffy is dirty but its just a name, I guess I like to play dirty dubstep and electro house
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

I used to use DjCos (just a shorter version of my name, Constantine) but I now see there are quite a few "DjCoses" out there so I need to find a new one =.=
    iMac(early 2008) | Compaq Presario cq56, celeron dual core @ 2.1Ghz,4GB RAM | hercules mp3 e2| 2 x Akai LPD8 | TP2

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    I would just go for your name: Micah Cruver.
    +1

Tech Mentor

Completely off topic but I'm loving your setup!
    Back to the topic, I still haven't found something I'm comfortable with.
    Macbook, S4, Novation Launchpad, Korg nanoKontrol, TSP2, Ableton 8.

Quote Originally Posted by alexfells View Post
    Completely off topic but I'm loving your setup!
    Back to the topic, I still haven't found something I'm comfortable with.
    Just "Alex Fells" works, really. What do you play?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast