How did you come up with your DJ Name? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

You guys are awesome! I never expected this kind of feedback, or that so many other people were struggling like me. I feel like names are something somebody else has to give you, because you hold your own connotations and outlook on your birth name, whereas strangers are getting that as a first impression and have a totally different experience.

ajrindy

I just want to say that your videos are fabulous, particularly the second one, the promo video. top tier stuff, and I can definitely see this netting you a lot of good things. it's flashy, well edited, interesting, and shows that you are SERIOUS BUSINESS
    Thanks a lot, aj! Its what a film major and nice camera can do for ya, we filmed it all in my tiny apartment. Glad it does the job!

tekki

But Micah, I would just go for your name: Micah Cruver. Maybe build that into Micah Cruyer.
    The last name is what would catch people. Nobody would know how to pronounce it when read, or spell it if heard. I don't mind Micah, but Cruver (croo-vehr) has got to go.

Photojojo-
    Take the first four letters of your name take the first letter of your middle name and the second letter of your last name. I am DJ Chrime!!!
    DJ Micajr!

Nuke5 -
    this is off topic but your videos are very cool Micah! The promo one is very professional and the song is catchy...btw what are those lasers in the 40 sec video? those are sweet.
    Thanks a lot, Nuke! Those are a couple Shinp Quad Red & Green lasers. They're great, we're still unsure if they're legal in the US though….

R2D2 -
    Video
    Tech IS fun. Not sure what part of the video you wanted me/us to tune into, but I'm doing my own thing, this is my first gear, and I absolutely love what I do. :]

dope -
    I liked "dope" but some say it's pretencious, and btw there is a metal group called that way too.
    Can't either use my real name, "Alexandre Lacroix" is just too big.
    You HAVE to use Alexadre Lacroix, man! That's so perfect!

cuz the name's ashraf....farhan. ashraf :P
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    Hey,
    I'm in trouble with finding a decent name too

I liked "dope" but some say it's pretencious, and btw there is a metal group called that way too.
    Can't either use my real name, "Alexandre Lacroix" is just too big.

I'm stuck.
    +1 with a name like mark fleissig
    VCI-100 Arcade Edition :: Midi Fighter :: Traktor Pro 2 :: Macbook Pro 13" 2.4 GHz :: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    You HAVE to use Alexadre Lacroix, man! That's so perfect!
    Partially taken.

http://www.alelacroix.com/

That guy worked for Mtv Latam for quite some years and played at 7 of the 10 Creamfields Buenos Aires editions. At least on this side of the world he is pretty known (not necessarily good).

MArcus Carolus is too close to Marco Carola if ou ask me.

For deep house you'd want an english/american sounding name. Why not go for something simple like Bob Free, or Scott Free?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    MArcus Carolus is too close to Marco Carola if ou ask me.

For deep house you'd want an english/american sounding name. Why not go for something simple like Bob Free, or Scott Free?
    Haha i know, first thing I noticed. wasn't intending on using them anyway. They're just the exact middle names given to me.

I actually prefer not using my first name, I don't know why but i'm just not feeling it as a DJ name, Don't get me wrong I love my name. And I actually want it to stand for something.

Its hard, and im too picky.

My real name is Zane. I have alway's been very hyperactive and a little on the ADD side :eek:. All my freinds started calling me Zaniac and the name was set in stone when my family got me personalised plates for my 21st (a few or more years ago I must add)

now everyone calls me Zaniac. so its more a name than a DJ moniker
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by Retrow View Post
    same issue here.

Suddenly got asked for a gig, unexpectedly, and now i need to come up with a name...

My normal name (bob vrijhof) is too Dutch and sounds weird, and i want something simple thats symbolic for me and my music... ( melodical Deephouse and also leaning toward softer tech house)...

Maybe someone could point me into a direction, but i think i'll have to come up with something myself eventually.

some parts i thought of using were my middle names (Marcus Carolus) and translating part of my last name (vrij = free) but it mostly turns out cheesy...

its hard.
    How about "B-Vri" and pronouncing it as "Be Free" sounds pretty good to me.
    Pioneer CDJ-350 (x2)
    Pioneer DJM-350
    KRK Rokit5 G2

Tech Wizard

Mine was pretty easy. I'm a red head and have been bashed on it for as long as i could remember. So i took something that people would try to put me down on, and made it something I could market myself as. I changed the spelling of Ginger as I saw fit, but i quite like it. Not sure if anything like that applies to you, but hopefully gives you a new insight instead of just word mashing
    Dell Inspiron 15r | i5 | 8gb
    Traktor 2 Pro | Mixtrack Pro | X1 |
    FL 10 | Massive | Reaktor 5 | LPK25
    MixCloud | OneSheet