How do you refresh saved playlists? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Try 'check consistency'.
    I have this set to happen automatically every time I open Traktor. It doesn't seem to do anything except tell me the tracks that are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    I set the BPM in iTunes, this way I know it works in Traktor (and other apps/tools/whatever.)
    How do you set the BPM in iTunes?!

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Let Traktor set the BPM and then then go back to itunes and play each track, just for a second, and it'll update the metadata for the BPM.
    This didn't work.

I opened Traktor, opened my playlist under the root directory "iTunes" on the left hand side of the Traktor UI, then loaded a track with BPM reading "000.00" in the transport section. Then I opened iTunes and played the same track, and nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You can also select a bunch of tracks and put a space in one of the metadata fields. Hit okay and it will update all the tracks. You can get rid of the space if you want.
    This threw me a curve...How do you put a space in the metadata field?

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    I set the BPM in iTunes, this way I know it works in Traktor (and other apps/tools/whatever.)
    I noticed that when you right click on a track and click on "get info" you can enter the BPM, but I can't conceivably do this for every single track for an entire 100 gigs of music. Also I noticed some of the tracks already have the BPM info saved in iTunes but it doesn't translate to Traktor, unless I select the option to "import playlist".

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    This threw me a curve...How do you put a space in the metadata field?
    You hit the space bar. You can hit delete right after that to get rid of the space. the idea is to make iTunes think something changed in the tracks info so it refreshes it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

You hit the space bar. You can hit delete right after that to get rid of the space. the idea is to make iTunes think something changed in the tracks info so it refreshes it.
    I'm a little unfamiliar with metadata.

When I'm using iTunes, and I select "get info" that's metadata correct?

You hit the space bar.
    I feel like such a tool after asking this question. What I REALLY meant was how do you change the metadata.

But after reading this response, and looking up "metadata" I understand a little more about what it is and how it works.

Right click on itunes playlist IN Traktor. Add to collection and analyze each track allowing Traktor to set your BPM. Fix your beatgrid(if necessary) and cue points and lock the track. Do this for the whole playlist. When you go back to itunes and play each track from the playlist, just for a second, it writes the BPM metadata into your itunes collection.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Right click on itunes playlist IN Traktor. Add to collection and analyze each track allowing Traktor to set your BPM. Fix your beatgrid(if necessary) and cue points and lock the track. Do this for the whole playlist. When you go back to itunes and play each track from the playlist, just for a second, it writes the BPM metadata into your itunes collection.
    Thanks. I'll try that out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast