How would i acoustically treat this space ?
    Tech Wizard

Default How would i acoustically treat this space ?

Basically through an agreement whereby i allow the girlfriend to have a chinchilla I have been allowed a mancave. Finally a place for all things me, scalectrix has been ordered already. The problem is i want to make it at least a little better for music production and set my rig up in here. As you can see from the pics its a mezzanine above the lounge so im finding it very difficult to figure out how best to treat it any help from you guys would be more that appreciated.

Is it even possible to make this space better for music production?
    TSP2 | MBP 13" | Fostex PM-05mk2 | Livid Block | Kontrol X1 | Arduinome 64 | Midi-Fighter | CME UF60 | phenom 1090t 4ghz desktop |

I personally would monitor with headphones in that environment!

Tech Wizard

Had a feeling that was the way id have to go. Cheers for your advice mate.
    TSP2 | MBP 13" | Fostex PM-05mk2 | Livid Block | Kontrol X1 | Arduinome 64 | Midi-Fighter | CME UF60 | phenom 1090t 4ghz desktop |

Draw the layout. I would try to find a spot with as many square walls, and hang some thick curtains. I'm no expert, but you basically want to try and make the space as reverb free as possible.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Wizard

LOL, if only it had square walls i like the heavy curtains idea to block off the double height section though that might work.

ye heavy curtains will probaly be the easyest and cheapest, and remember the ceeling as well
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

amidoinitrite

as much rockwool as you can get.