That richie hawtin delay...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default That richie hawtin delay...

Hello all

I have been trying to reproduce this effect that richie has been doing for years now.
    at the 2:12 mark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGVzZ...ailpage#t=132s

at the 3:20 mark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z_b-2wO1U4

Its basically that speeding up and down effect.
    I have tried the vst and ableton live route with no luck. I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to do it.

Its 2 tracks....one he uses the ring modulator for that zippy sound.....

Or....even the bouncer on a small loop of beat.

Sounds like he did a transition tho....2 tracks.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Convert

http://www.dancetrippin.tv/video/dj-...chie-hawtin-de

You can hear it again here at the 5:30 mark

Its not ring modulator nor the bouncer I am afraid.
    I can post other samples as well, its not a transition, and remember that the first video is from 2004 in terms of vsts or traktor plugins.
    I have tried the psp42, but still nothing.

Well...there is the FAMOUS Hawtin delay....that everyone tries to do....
    Not sure if thats what you after....

If it is...the closest thing that comes to it....in Traktor...is the T3Delay.

The effect sounds like the beats get more and more loose and sounds like the track is falling apart....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

@weltraumpapst, Great link thanks.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

For the delay Richie uses the Lexicon ps42 delay (you can ofcourse use the T3 or any other delay) and the speeding and slowing down effect described is achieved with the key (or transpose stretch for Ableton users) turned down and up. Be sure to set the delay time to milliseconds (so not synced). Try the following: whem you increase the delay time, turn down the key and when you decrease the delay time, turn up the key.

Voila
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DennisHuiberts View Post
    For the delay Richie uses the Lexicon ps42 delay (you can ofcourse use the T3 or any other delay) and the speeding and slowing down effect described is achieved with the key (or transpose stretch for Ableton users) turned down and up. Be sure to set the delay time to milliseconds (so not synced). Try the following: whem you increase the delay time, turn down the key and when you decrease the delay time, turn up the key.

Voila
    I still can't work it out.
    Could you recreate it in live and send me the file with the actions needed or make a video with either live or traktor and put it on youtube?
    I know I am asking for a lot, but I have been after this since the first time I heard it in 2006...

I have created it live. It's in this set: http://soundcloud.com/funk-a-tron/li...-tresor-berlin

You hear it the first time around 9:04 min. It's couple more times in it, but you'll have to search.

I'm a bit busy at the moment at work, but if you'll send me a pm in a few days, I might be able to do a youtube video or something like that...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Convert

I think this is what I am after!
    I will try to play around a bit in live to see if I can do it, if not I will pm you.
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast