Traktor + ableton set
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor + ableton set

I already dj with traktor & my maschine synced up adding beats in..

what i want to do is route my traktor into ableton and then use some vsts and ableton effects to manipulate my tracks but also have clips with sound and have everything synced up....

NOW how would i go about routing all this?
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

http://cycling74.com/products/soundflower/

Route Traktor out of a virtual channel and use the same channel as an input in Ableton.

Tech Guru

Does Soundflower send the Midi clock too? If so, that's a great little program.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Student

That is great, I like.
    The game TERA is one of the successes of the game in the world. We can conclude this from the hot sale of tera gold

spam bots love this forum

I recommend using Jack OSX instead of SoundFlower. It costs you a bit more time to set it up, but is far more stable than SoundFlower. SoundFlower + live situations = a definitely no-no. As for Jack, I use it every time I play out and never had problems (just as long as you have set it up right).
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Guru

ya thanks for all your help everything worked out great and works fine definitely going to be using this gotta get some used to...

ONE MORE QUESTION

i want to use my (2) X1s to control traktor like they already do and then midi map them to control ableton the problem is i mapped out one x1 and i went to go do the other one and the notes are all the same so its duplicating the other x1 how can i make it so that it can control its own functions
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

you can alter the buttons or the channel (which is far easier) in the controller editor so they won't collide.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    you can alter the buttons or the channel (which is far easier) in the controller editor so they won't collide.

so ill have to go one by one and change the number in the controller editor?