Numark MixMeister Control
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Numark MixMeister Control

While I was browsing on teh intarwebs, I ran into the Numark MixMeister Control.
    It is always nice to have a nice lady endorse your product, even when it is dj Kares.

Overview

MixMeister software ignited the DJ world by merging powerful Digital Audio Workstation capabilities and full-featured DJ performance. MixMeister Control is a hardware control surface for real-time performance and control of MixMeister, or other MIDI-capable DJ software.

MixMeister Control is the only controller designed and optimized to work like a true hardware extension of the MixMeister interface. If you already use MixMeister, you will be performing in seconds. MixMeister Control even comes with a full version of MixMeister Fusion software - the perfect way to get started.

Individual hands-on controls are included for looping by track, EQ, FX and more with complete control for up to four tracks at once. A massive amount of control is available from its 40 knobs, 53 buttons and a Jog Wheel for fast location management. Finally, automation effects, VST plug-ins and other functions can be manipulated with minimal computer interaction.

Included MixMeister Fusion software frees the DJ from monotonous tasks like beat matching, setting cue points, and counting beats in their head. It gives them the power to unleash their creativity and shape music with live looping and remixing, VST effects, harmonic mixing and more. DJs can manipulate tempo, volume, and EQ in real time, on-the-fly. Fusion even records all DJ actions (not just the resulting audio), so users can go back, listen to their mix, and make precise adjustments with studio-style editing capabilities.

Whether you use MixMeister to perform live or to mix in the studio, MixMeister Control is a "must-have" addition for MixMeister.

Key Features
    • Hardware control surface
    • USB2.0 interface - No driver required
    • Includes MixMeister Fusion software
    • Compatible with other MIDI applications
    • Works with Windows or Mac OS X
    • 94 hardware controllers for ultimately expressive software control

Don't know pricing and other details, other than that it is supposed to be released June/July 2008
    Last edited by tekki; 05-30-2008 at 01:53 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Looking a that faceplate (lots of buttons! yay!) one thing made me stop and think: the Pitch Bend buttons, what are they pitch bending exactly? Which channel? Say you start one of the four channels and want to get it in sync by speeding it up or slowing it down - how do you know which channel you're pitch bending?

There's some big software assumptions behind that layout - lots of loop controls on each channel, but only 6 global samples? What with the two "play" buttons, one at the top and one at the bottom?

Good: lots of useful controls in each channel strip, and a bunch of knobs for general use. Bad: Cheap plastic knobs, some strangeness in the thinking behind the global controls. I'd give it 6/10.

You might be on to something there.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Guru

MixMeister is average imo. An ableton for people who are too litz to learn ableton.
    Then again I might be wrong.. how much have other people used fusion?

not me.

I've used MixMeister for awhile, I love it for quickly trying out ideas on the go. I could call it my dirty little dj secret. Love that its now available for the Mac.

Might drop the ca$h once it comes out.
    Last edited by DirtyCache; 05-30-2008 at 09:34 PM.

My housemate is quite adept at mixmeister and he uses it to mix rnb/house without a control surface (just mouse) He is going to consider this unit when it's released. I personally think the effects are garbage just like virtual dj but he is able to line up a track perfectly with a programmed cross fade in about 20 - 30 seconds or less. It's freaking powerful, no doubt about that - but not my cup of tea (read: traktor fan)

That's that hardstyle dutchie Wuz?

nah, the western australian house fiend

oh noes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast