1 Hour Breaks and Tech-funk mix

Default 1 Hour Breaks and Tech-funk mix

With a bit of electro to finish her off. My first actual mix so criticism is welcome and encouraged! That being said, enjoy.

Track list:
    Subliminal System - Into the Burgh (Monk3ylogic Remix)
    Hedflux - Basscake (Original Mix)
    Bitrok - Push the Envelope (Elite Force Remix)
    Run RiOT - Vengeance (48k Remix)
    Beat Assassins - Direct Hit (Original Mix)
    Beat Assassins - Gunclip (Original Mix)
    Backbeat Soundsystem - No.3 Dogma Street (Rektchordz Remix)
    Lee Coombs - Detox (Trent Cantrelle Remix)
    Dyno - Screws (Original Mix)
    Gr4m4tik - Under Pressure (Original Mix)
    Funkagenda - The Beta Set (Original Club Mix)
    Rektchordz - Brain Eater (Original Mix)
    Future Frog - Disco Dancer (Ftampa Remix)
    Uppermost - System32 (Original Mix)
    Pance Party - Mumble (Original Mix)
    Cold Blank - Overdose (Original Mix)
    Aerospace - Simple Words (Dirtyloud Remix)
    Dj Dan & Mike Balance - Immigrant Song vs. Get it
    Deadmau5 - This is the Hook (Original Mix)
    Last edited by Jack Rabid; 08-28-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

I gave your whole mix a listen through my computer speakers at work & really enjoyed it. So much so that I will download @ home tonight & relisten on a better sound system and to have a copy in my car. It had a lot of energy throughout & I always loved a good breakbeat. Some great tracks in their I will be adding to my collection.
    I dont have too much criticism other than your subtitle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rabid View Post
    My first actual mix so criticism is welcome and encouraged!
    By this i am misinformed that you have no experience or practice, & have simply jumped on a controller and "BAM" begginers luck!

upon searching your profile I am lead to believe that you do have some knowledge and practice under your belt, so could appropriatly be subtitled "My 1st mix I have shared with the internet community". IMHO though I would drop the whole 1st mix connotation altogether. (only an opinion but I dont think it will generate any more listens or feedback based on this alone)

If this is indeed your 1st mix. Disregard all of the above as you my friend are on the right path

long story short =
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Thank you very much. And yeah you got me, it's more the first mix I've shared (and only mix I've ever done for an hour straight) other than the little drum and bass tune i put together, but if too many people point it out i'll change it. Glad you enjoyed it man, hope to put more out like this in the future
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

Bumping once in case anybody else wants to take a look

Rabid Season Mix

Intrigued, favorited will listen tonight when I have a free hour. I'm no master or anything, but I'll attempt to give you some good feedback.
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Thanks, much appreciated.

Rabid Season Mix

Showed this mix off to some friends last night and they started dancing spontaneously, so I assume that's a good sign lol

Rabid Season Mix

Would one more bump be a little too much? Let's find out.

Rabid Season Mix

Tech Mentor

I listened to this mix while working out and re-arranging the studio. I listened on the Klipschs with the subwoofer turned on. Here's my feedback.

- In general your levels were pretty good, though esp. near the beginning I think I heard a few times where the new record was too quiet? I thought your mix was solid but a bit.. formulaic? The phrasing and transitions were good but I feel like I didn't hear very much of the DJ in this DJ mix? Perhaps what I'm talking about is working of the EQ?

- I am not wild about this style of, as I jokingly call it.. "housey breaky trance" music.. but for this genre I was relatively ok with your selection. I thought the tracks you picked worked well with each other, and I appreciated that there was some variation in terms of style over the course of the whole mix, if not necessarily an obvious "progression" in terms of energy or styles?

- I sorta cringe at bumps, but then I also go down into the old pages and look for things with 0 replies and try to listen to them, I understand that bumping is a practical thing on forums like this. FWIW, my .02$ on the bump question..

- I agree with Zaniac about the "first mix" thing, don't sell yourself short. Your mix is above the average for things described as a "first mix" here. For one thing, it's a full hour instead of 10 minutes!

- Appreciate the tracklist and proper soundcloud embed!

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

To start off I agree, out of principle i normally don't bump, but I got all giddy over my upload and couldn't help it. XP And yes lol I can't stand 10 minute mixes, if somebody wants to do that just do it on youtube.

But yeah, I'm still feeling out some little EQ touches for my songs, I haven't quite gotten used to the output of my speakers versus the output of my headphones, so a lot of times things will sound different in my head than they do in practice just because im hearing too many things at once. Beyond that, I thought I alternated my transitions nicely, but then I'm no expert, and you can never stop learning new tricks. :P

As for the progression I was feeling conflicted on what exactly to play for this mix because I didn't want to exclude any of my favored genres for my 1st big mix, so it may have been a tad scattered, particularly towards the middle. Blending the different genres turned to be more of a wild beast than I expected, but enjoyable all the same.

All in all thank you very much for the feedback, I always appreciate when people can give me in depth reasoning about what they think of my stuff. I'm particularly going to keep in mind your point about tracks being too quiet (I noticed that a bit myself upon listening to it afterwards but not so much that i felt I should start over to correct it), and about formulaic mixing, because more ways to transition = way more fun. :P

Rabid Season Mix