washington dc

Thread: washington dc

Default washington dc

Hi my dj nickname is f0tif0 and i am from maryland
    which is really close to dc and virginia. I don't really know anyone here because i am international.
    I have done more than several gigs around the clubs in my country and some house and bar gigs here in dc.
    So i am looking for people in this area that are doing controllerism for jamming together or collaborating into a crew and doing club parties.
    I play house, drum'n'bass, electro, trip hop, jungle, hip hop, international.
    top 40 but not the fan of it.
    Currently i study Recording engineering, sound design, and music production at art institute.
    My gear includes MACBOOK PRO 2.4, SONY VIAO, VESTAX VCI 300, NOVATION ZERO SL,KORG ZERO 8, SERATO ITCH, REASON 4, ABLETON LIVE.
    Also i got access to 2 professional audio and video studios with hybrid ssl board, control 24, blue screen for video design and video clips and well acoustically treated rooms. I can get into those studios for free and we can do crazy stuff in there like record a music video or a music set for the promotional cd.
    If you have any connects with local bar clubs where we can colaberate and play together i would be more that happy to do that with you and also we can come up with some crazy plans.
    Controllerism is not that popular in dc so lets be one of the first.
    thank you
    my e-mail fotifo_jah@yahoo.com
    f0tif0

hey this might sound weird, but.... im going to be heading to laurel MD in may for like a month for dry cleaning school. it seems like a small town, but ive been trying to scout some places to party at while im down there. any suggestions?!
    dj booth: macbook pro 15"/audio 8 dj/xone 32/vestax vci 100/vestax cdj05/2x stanton t-80/traktor
    production desk: iMac 20"/Yamaha HS80M/digi 002/focusrite octopre/m audio axiom 49/reason/ableton live

DJ TANNER-foul house mixtape

are you writting about the places to jam or just to visit?
    Last edited by f0tif0; 02-25-2009 at 10:02 AM.
    f0tif0

dry cleaning school?

Quote Originally Posted by evan_c View Post
    dry cleaning school?
    hahah yea, dry cleaning is my 9-5... one cant live of djing alone, unless your like tiesto or some shit.... my family owns a chain of dry cleaners in the gta and has for over 10 years, so if you ever muck up some expensive swag at a raging party, be sure to hit me up and ill let you know whats up. but yea my brother and i got scholarships to go so, why pass it up? free vacation and free education, im so down
    dj booth: macbook pro 15"/audio 8 dj/xone 32/vestax vci 100/vestax cdj05/2x stanton t-80/traktor
    production desk: iMac 20"/Yamaha HS80M/digi 002/focusrite octopre/m audio axiom 49/reason/ableton live

Quote Originally Posted by f0tif0 View Post
    are you writting about the places to jam or just to visit?
    anything! id be pretty bummed if im away for 3 weeks and dont get my recommended dose of bass....... or ladies

Yeah if i'll get any gig going definitely let you know.
    also we could always reserve the studio at my school ;]
    And no I dont like tiesto ;] (my oppinion)
    Though I would probably play sampled sounds from his tracks ;] but not his music ;]

Evan are you from dc? Are you Bolgerian?
    f0tif0

thats crazy, i just never knew you had to go to school for dry cleaning

sick shit!

tiesto sucks... but i bet hes raking in the dough

well we should not forget that production wise his songs are catchy for cheasy techno people. so i guess he is doing good
    f0tif0